Dan #2

Is Conscience Just Empathy?

don't you think you should explain yourself a bit more?

i mean, in what sort of context are we talking about here?

edit: what sort of relevance does the question even have? i mean, to me it just comes down to semantics, which is a bit silly. does it even matter if one is the other?

you have to pose more than just a question.

Edited by borntohula

Say i'm going to punch Satty, and i do not know him.

Am i not punching him because it's been instilled in me that this is wrong, or am i not punching him because i know that being punched hurts?

some christians believe that the conscience is God telling them not to do something because it conflicts with what He outlined in the bible.

i'm sorry, that was wrong of me.

Edited by Dan #2

Am i not punching him because it's been instilled in me that this is wrong, or am i not punching him because i know that being punched hurts?

you're not going to punch me because i am fucking awesomez0rz.

and i'll fucking break you.

if he doesn't, i will

Aren't you like 90 pounds?

Conscience is probably also partly a social construction, in one society its wrong to commit a certain act, in others it's ethical, i cant think of an example right now, so shoot me i guess. UH yah, so conscience is really only what you make it to be. allriightt.

Conscience is probably also partly a social construction, in one society its wrong to commit a certain act, in others it's ethical, i cant think of an example right now, so shoot me i guess. UH yah, so conscience is really only what you make it to be. allriightt.

that's what i mean by awareness of morals and ethics. knowing what is acceptable in your surroundings.

a perfect example would be a public display of affection

Edited by one_trick_pony

Aren't you like 90 pounds?

they're both tlike 90 lbs

Female genital mutilation, for one. It's illegal in the United States to perform female genital mutilation on someone, but Kenya, for example, if a baby girl does not have the procedure done, she and her family will become outcasts from their tribe (provided they live in a tribe, that is).