ecnarf

Aaaghh@#$_)@(*%

I don't care what you guys say, the pair that I had were comfortable and stuck in your ears and blocked out all the sound so it sounded pretty decent and they won't make you go deaf anymore than over-the-ear headphones will as long as they're at the same volume level.

In fact, since those things can block out sound rather effectively, they actually protect your ears from being exposed to very loud sound (such as the kind that comes from sitting toward the back of a city bus).

Anyways, it looks like I might buy a pair of large over-the-ear Sony headphones. A buddy of mine strongly recommended his pair to me.

I dunno, I had the apple ones that came with iPods and they seemed to be pretty high quality but after a bus ride with those things in I wanted to kill myself.

The iPod earphones are absolute shit. I wouldn't use them outside of my house if you paid me to.

Right now, I only use them when I'm wearing them to sleep (music helps me go to sleep) and they're more comfortable to wear lying down than any other pair I have.

I need them to help me sleep.  Half the time, I just can't get to sleep without something soft playing.

Me too. I have a fair bit of trouble sleeping, music helps a lot.

Finally. Someone who shares my pain.

My favourite going to sleep records:

Rooms

Yankee Hotel Foxtrot by Wilco

some of the History Teacher stuff

i haven't found much else that works very well.

Okay, everybody.

I'm sitting here listening to music on my relatively new in-the-ear JVC earbuds.

And for some reason now, the left earbud decided it's tired and doesn't want to play anymore.

Moral of the story: spending 10 bucks on a warranty is always a good idea.

Now, to go find the receipt (hoping to god I still have it)

Don't feel to bad, the sony earbuds I got for christmas with my mp3 player decided to give me a shock in the ear (no jokes). I could hear crackling and it really really hurt, so I bought headphones.

Much of what I listen to is not conducive to sleep anyway. I tried that once, and it inspired some weird, weird half-waking dreams.

Some of the newer stuff I've picked up might push that into the realm of nightmares.

To get back on topic, I just recieved the Shure e2c ear buds. They are the best earphones I've ever heard. I haven't had a chance to test the comfort level yet, but seeing as they come with 9 different ear pieces I'm pretty sure something will fit well.

I pity you.

I hear she snores.

Oddly enough, the person I share a room with does snore.

Your mom isn't a 6 foot tall 175 pound quiet asshole who stutters at lot, is she?

Haha, nope.

She's this tiny Ukranian woman, with a lame sense of humor.