ecnarf

Aaaghh@#$_)@(*%

Okay, everybody.

I'm sitting here listening to music on my relatively new in-the-ear JVC earbuds.

And for some reason now, the left earbud decided it's tired and doesn't want to play anymore.

Moral of the story: spending 10 bucks on a warranty is always a good idea.

Now, to go find the receipt (hoping to god I still have it)

FYI, the picture of earbuds that were posted don't depict mine. Mine fit right in the ear canal, so they block out sound and give far better sound quality and comfort than typical over-the-ear ear buds.

Other than that, eh. I've got a customer service plan thing, so I'll take it back into Future Shop tomorrow and try to find a decent pair of headphones in the future. I still like earbuds because they're nice and subtle, and way more portable than earphones (carrying them around in my pocket is a must).

I think the problem stemmed from that goddamned plastic tab that holds the wires together where they diverge into the left and right buds. It was always conveniently located right at the collar of my jacket and kept on being tugged by me walking or what have you.

P.S. Meg - mine shock me when I wear mine inside my jacket. Ouch.

I have earbuds on my MP3 player, but since it spends so much time in my pocket the plug gets too much stress and is breaking. I will likely replace them with something like these:

0020130075_287.jpg

Compact, and you can wear one side at a time if you are taking notes or whatever, or share.

I use earbuds for everything...Games, music, etc. You can actually hear things with one earbud in, so you won't get owned by a truck whilst crossing the road. Also, people won't get pissed after yelling at you to do something for 4 minutes and smack you in the face because your headphones block out everything.

I use earbuds for everything...Games, music, etc. You can actually hear things with one earbud in, so you won't get owned by a truck whilst crossing the road. Also, people won't get pissed after yelling at you to do something for 4 minutes and smack you in the face because your headphones block out everything.

You can also look both ways before you cross the street, if you haven't heard of common sense.

death to earbuds.

they are only good because they are far less noticable but still not worth it in my books.

I used to think like that, but now I'm largely indifferent. Ear buds (or jacks, I assume they're the same thing) really don't hurt my ears anymore or fall out. It's probably because my ears have remolded to fit around them perfectly.

death to earbuds.

they are only good because they are far less noticable but still not worth it in my books.

I used to think like that, but now I'm largely indifferent. Ear buds (or jacks, I assume they're the same thing) really don't hurt my ears anymore or fall out. It's probably because my ears have remolded to fit around them perfectly.

Is that healthy?

I hate earbuds. I'm wearing some now by neccessity only.I also have the kind that go behind your head, or clip to your ears. That leaves me little choice.

For my mp3 player, I have a Sony MDR-V300 set whose 12-foot cord I have shortened for portability. They're a home stereo set, but aren't too bulky. Actually, this is my second set of these things. They're pretty tough as well - wore the first set in all weather (including -40C temperatures and driving rain) for two years without incident until finally, my amateurish cable-splice broke for the third time and was too short to cut off and do again. Just have to be careful with some players, as the long, bulky plug puts alot of stress on headphone jacks.

Just have to be careful with some players, as the long, bulky plug puts alot of stress on headphone jacks.

Put on a different plug?

I like in-ear headphones but they are too costly for my budget.

For the people on the first page who misunderstood "earbuds": in-ear headphones seal your ear canal like an earplug almost completely blocking outside sound and giving the headphones the ablility to have much better bass.

Besides the better sound, you can enjoy your music at a lower volume than you would otherwise need thus protecting your ear a bit.

I am so pissed off at headphones right now. I spent $30 on december 23rd, and i returned them on the 28th, because they sounded like a shitty alarm-clock radio.

I bought a new pair of sony ones, the expensive kind that cover your whole ear, and are supposed to block out outside sound.

Well, they don't, and everything has to be super loud and they keep making hissing noises and they randomly get really loud, so i'll have to return these too.

I think i may spend $4 on earplugs and never listen to anyone again.

earbuds are shit. They are itchy and uncomfortable. The only thing good is that they are small and very portable & break less easy in your bag compared to big headphones.

I bought myself a nice pair of Sony headphones (like DJ headphones) a few years ago and i love them. Great sound and bass, & very comfy.

phones_MDR-V500DJ.jpg

Put on a different plug?

Did that the firt stime, it sucked. too hard to get all the insulation of the original wires into the body, and it's usually even bulkier, if not quite so long.

That's if the damn casing doesn't melt off while you're trying to solder it. 'Solderless design' my ass, not everyone has no tools. Sell me the normal kind, you bastards.

As a side note, full sized headphones also keep my ears warm in winter.

Edited by Sparq