Crusader

Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind / Jim Carrey

Watched Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind late last night and wow. That was a great story.

The music really made the mood and I liked Beck's cover at the end of the film.

I'd consider this the only "serious" role Jim has played with possible exception to The Truman Show but I think I like him better in his serious character. Thoughts?

SPOILER (Highlight to View)
And does anyone think we'd be able to one day do what they do in the movie and erase unwanted memories?

Giving away the basic premise of a well-known movie isn't a spoiler, by the way.

I like him in his serious roles. The comedic roles were cute for a while but after Liar Liar it was just obnoxious. I think he is capable of much more and The Truman Show was really the first thing to show me that, so that will always be my favorite.

i liked the movie, but I didn't think jim carey was very good at all. he's a really great entertainer, not an actor. I didn't find his acting very believable. maybe it's because I'm used to seeing him in his usual roles, but it seemed to show that he was really holding back from making his usual animated expressions.

was this movie inspired by vanilla sky?, (I forget it's original name).

i liked the movie, but I didn't think jim carey was very good at all. he's a really great entertainer, not an actor. I didn't find his acting very believable. maybe it's because I'm used to seeing him in his usual roles, but it seemed to show that he was really holding back from making his usual animated expressions.

was this movie inspired by vanilla sky?, (I forget it's original name).

The original name is 'Abre Los Ojos' (Open Your Eyes), and no, Eternal Sunshine was not inspired by this movie.

Vanilla Sky sucked. Cameron Crowe is losing his touch. I mean come on, this and now Elizabethtown?

When I first saw the movie, it took me about half an hour to realize that Jim Carrey was playing the lead part. I simply couldn't believe it. I didn't recognize him without his obnoxious hairdos a la Ace Ventura.

I think it's a brilliant movie. Everything about it is so well done.

I really liked it too. Its such a trippy idea.. erasing memories / portions of one's life. I don't know how I feel about that.. somethings I think I would be better off without but at the same time- experience builds you.. you'd be a different person without certain memories.

I really liked it too. Its such a trippy idea.. erasing memories / portions of one's life. I don't know how I feel about that.. somethings I think I would be better off without but at the same time- experience builds you.. you'd be a different person without certain memories.

There's a reason why people say ignorance is bliss.

I loved it, but I liked the Truman Show more. Jim Carrey's interview for this had the best 'soundbite'. He said that after watching this movie, it makes you realize how much more you love your significant other (if you have one).

I loved it, but I liked the Truman Show more. Jim Carrey's interview for this had the best 'soundbite'. He said that after watching this movie, it makes you realize how much more you love your significant other (if you have one).

And if you don't have one, you realize just how lonely and pointless your existence is.

I just watched this the other night too, for the first time since it was in theatres, even though I own it. Possibly Charlie Kaufman's best script. In terms of Jim Carrey, one of his best. I think it was the perfect mix of serious acting with a potential for his style of comedy. It was also very very well directed, completely unique. As far as Hollywood goes.