Prior to coming to Near Fantastica, I have never in my life heard anyone get mixed up between Matthew Good Band & Dave Matthews Band. Due to this, there is an uncalled-for negative feedback against Dave Matthew's music here. I'll admit that I wasn't much of a DMB fan in my youth but if you are a fan of strong muscianship with obscure instrumentation (not really the new stuff though), you'll love this band--not to mention that Dave Matthews isn't subpar with his vocals at all.

Before These Crowded Streets was a fantastic release from the band but they have slightly went downhill from then on with each release.

Agree? Disagree? Don't care?

Yes, I spelled unnecessary wrong in my subtopic. Kill me.

Edited by Shortcut To Moncton

I liked before these crowded streets...it was a good listen straight through. Under the table and dreaming is good because it reminds me of the radio when I was way younger. Every time a band at my bar plays dave matthews it's always "what would you say" but one time this solo guy played grave digger. Then I told him he should play gold digger, and he did. Un edited, it was fantastic seeing this white dude with his guitar proclaiming that "she ain't messin with no broke nigga"

I would say that the live Dave Matthews cd's I have are some of the best albums I have. I can see the point of people saying they dont like his voice because it is different. I know it sounds like a cliche, but you have to hear his music live (even if its just the live albums) to really appreciate what great musicians these guys are.

you want to know something, I dont think its DAve Matthews himself that anyone actually hates, I like his music personally. The problem with all of this is as easy as SLOAN put it "It's not the band I hate, it's their fans". Thats the problem, the fans. Fans of Dave MAtthews only like to listen to DMB, Jack Johnson, John Mayer and Bob Marley, its as simple as that. (Stereotype I know). This is true for all of the DMB fans I know, they only listen to these individuals and hate everything else.

But sadly peopledo get MDB and MG mixed up far too often.

I am a big Dave Fan, specifically the Dave Matthews & Tim Reynolds stuff, Live At Luther College is quite possible one of my top five favorite albums of all times. Listening to Dave's stuff acoustically is twice as good as in a band setting.

I have been able to get most of dave & Tims live performances and cant stop listening.

check it out if you get a chance.

Yv

you want to know something, I dont think its DAve Matthews himself that anyone actually hates, I like his music personally. The problem with all of this is as easy as SLOAN put it "It's not the band I hate, it's their fans". Thats the problem, the fans. Fans of Dave MAtthews only like to listen to DMB, Jack Johnson, John Mayer and Bob Marley, its as simple as that. (Stereotype I know). This is true for all of the DMB fans I know, they only listen to these individuals and hate everything else.

right on the money.

The Dave Matthews Band is nothing short of amazing live. "Crash into Me" and "#41" are absolutely wicked and they just show what excellent control Dave has with his voice in a live setting. Such a talented and underrated band, mostly in the sense that was discussed earlier; the fact that most of the fans just see this band as pop rather than true artists.

Holy crap I was just about to say that when I read this. Great call. I went and saw DMB when I was in Montreal a few years ago and the show was good, but the IDIOTS that surrounded me really killed the vibe of the show.

I do enjoy the records still, though not as much. I haven't bought anything past Before These Crowded Streets except for Dave's solo album, which I didn't like. Yeah, they are good musicians, but they've kind of sunk into autopilot now.