Crusader

Street Team

so does anyone know what sort of promo the album will have. will it be just posters or something more to stand out?

get naked and paint the words hospital music ALL OVER your body and go stand on a corner somewhere. probably a busy intersection would work well.

i thought about going on a recommendation spree on last.fm, to groups, individual members, whatever, but there is still no matthew good music available on last.fm, so it's pretty much pointless. i think there's clips of matthew good band songs, but no full songs to preview and none of his solo work.

Yeah, I emailed him about it more than a month ago but never got a reply. It's a shame he doesn't put a few full songs there for streaming and maybe one for download like he has on Myspace and Virb, it can really benefit him.

something else i want to do: one of the local radio stations, Q104, does this thing every year on canada day where you can pay to get songs played. i think the money goes to charity, but i'm not sure. a 'six pack' costs $100. depending on my financial state on canada day, i might order up a six pack of matthew good/matthew good band. i'm pretty stupid with money, so there's the chance i might actually do it.

i was thinking of half-randomly leaving burned cds of matthew good bootlegs around for people to find like i used to do with sampler cds when i street teamed for some little record label. maybe make some new fans in time for the new record/tour. you think that would be a no-no? no official release things, just bootleg live shit. if it would be inappropriate i won't.

i was thinking of half-randomly leaving burned cds of matthew good bootlegs around for people to find like i used to do with sampler cds when i street teamed for some little record label. maybe make some new fans in time for the new record/tour. you think that would be a no-no? no official release things, just bootleg live shit. if it would be inappropriate i won't.

I think the bootlegs are something you move into once you already appreciate Matt's music. Quite frankly, to anyone who's not already into Matt Good, it's gonna sound like complete shit.

That Meyer Horowitz Theatre show in Edmonton in 2006 sounds amazing. If I found it and gave it a listen it would definitely make me a fan.

I'd probably buy it and think it was professionally recorded if it wasn't for that occasional beeping noise from a cellphone or the camera battery dying or something.

It would definitely peak my interest enough to go to the website and probably buy the new CD in July. You could just write "www.matthewgood.org" or something on the CD and leave it for people to discover on their own should they choose.

And I could easily drop some cash on 100 CD's and burn a bunch of copies to leave around. That costs next to nothing and it's bound to have a positive effect on a few people.

Plus NS is so starved for news (yeah, we're losers) that if a local newspaper or network caught wind they'd probably do a small segment on it. The Coast surely would.

i like that web address idea. and, yeah, the edmonton acoustic show i got (same one as you, from the sounds of it) from here sounds professional. but a hundred cds? shit, son...you think bigger than me. i was thinking just drop a couple here and there when i go to halifax.

Edited by Some Random

i may or may not drop this on a bus/ferry/park bench tomorrow:

dsc00125.jpg

guerilla promotion/social experiment. who knows. maybe someone will show up on the bored saying, "yeah, i found these cds, gave em a listen and immediately went out and bought matt's whole collection, and now i'm the biggest fan ever." or it could just get chucked in the garbage.