darrenbacker

Facebook Haters?

How many of you are facebook haters and if so, then please state your reason  

26 members have voted

1. 1. How many of you are facebook haters and if so, then please state your reason

• Yes, I hate and will never join facebook.
    • No, I am fine with it.

I like it, and it's a useful tool.

Some people (as with everything) take it way too seriously though. I've seen wall posts like "OMG! I heard u were in the hospital w cancer! i hope ur feelin bettr gurl!"

Shit like that is personal and should not be on a such a public forum, ya know? I also hate the whole "so and so is in a relationship with so and so." It's so... dunno. Tasteless.

And the girl I'm seeing just sent me a "relationship request" thing so now I'm seeing how long I can avoid it.

Guest Prosis

I used to be a hater, I still find it a bit pointless...I've joined to keep contact with the people I used to work with but barely use it.

I don't have the relationship status because I don't feel the need to tell every person I ever met the details of my life, which is pretty much what facebook is all about if you use it to it's full creepy potential. I love it for planning and keeping track of events though, and keeping in contact with people who live away, etc.

I have Facebook to thank for McDreamy being in my life too, so I can't be a total hater.

i would tell just about anyone all the details about like life within the first 5 minutes of meeting them anyways, so it doesn't bother me. and few people actually notice/remember the details at the very top... i wish more did. then i wouldn't have to deal with some people.

I didn't understand what all the fuss was about, then I joined a few months ago and got hooked. Now I don't mind it really, it's useful in order to get in touch with people you've lost contact with but honestly, there's usually a reason why I lost contact with people.

I didn't understand what all the fuss was about, then I joined a few months ago and got hooked. Now I don't mind it really, it's useful in order to get in touch with people you've lost contact with but honestly, there's usually a reason why I lost contact with people.

yeah. it's good for keeping up with people who i'm on good terms with, but might not want to talk to on a daily basis. or can't. i don't use msn as often as i used to, so this has kinda taken the place of that.

i still think that it's a very superficial form of interaction... from the pictures you post, to the interests/activities/favorites you cite, and even the way people talk to one another... but if you don't take it seriously, and are aware of its superficiality, then i think that's alright.

in order to be obnoxious, my lady tried adding as many applications as she could. it was crazy. she has since toned it down, but for awhile, her page was filled with the most useless crap.

just take out the relationship status all together

Yeah, that could work. Or he could just list "In a relationship" but not say who.

that's because he's dating 5 girls

YOU DOG.

I have Facebook to thank for McDreamy being in my life too, so I can't be a total hater.

Strangely enough, I also got to know my boyfriend over the internet. When MySpace was still cool.

in order to be obnoxious, my lady tried adding as many applications as she could. it was crazy. she has since toned it down, but for awhile, her page was filled with the most useless crap.

God, I HATE IT WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT. A lot of my friends are still pretty young so their pages are fucking littered with that shit. I've got like 2 applications, small ones on the left side; very tasteful. And I never request anyone else to get them.

Guest Prosis

By the by, for the non haters, I've just created a The Bored group ;)

(because Amanda and I have been trying to find each other on Facebook and it's been a bitch...their search engine sucks!)