sodamntired

What Are You Scared Of?

open topic. Just answer the question. What makes you scared?

I ask because I went to the doctor a couple of months ago, and the nice man gave me some pills that calms me right down. I was driving today and the engine light in my car came on. I just shrugged, and kept driving...then the light turned off. I realized that nothing I can think of scares me right now. So what scares you?

I too am not scared of much anymore. A few years ago I was scared to run into my ex-boyfriend because of my panic attacks. I still get but I'm proud to say I've weathered it out. ;)

Other than that...well I severly dislike tornados. I've calmed down considerably in the past few years when warnings and watches spring up, but even last weekend when those storms went through Ontario and I was able to hold it in (I was in public), I was still a nerve ball.

Anything that can sting (bee, wasp hornet), which is amusing because you'd think after some very painful piercings and tattoos I wouldn't care, but I think it's because an insect sting like that has never happened to be so I have nothing to compare it to. I am also scared snakes, especially the poisonous variety, heights, which my girlfriend likes to take advantage of, and death by drowning and burning.

-spiders/most insects

-burglars

-aliens

when i give thought to the following:

-my inability to see the pupils of things eyes

-how large animals are compared to me and how they're so different that they are like aliens (namely emperor penguins and giraffes)

-crazy hypothetical situations where i'd have to make really hard decisions (like in cloverfield... would i go searching for my loved one [i.e. jamie] or move on? i can't imagine being able to do either)

Failure !

Being murdered (always been convinced it's going to happen - too many episodes of Crimewatch as kid, me thinks)

Slimy things - Snails, Slugs etc.

Then there's daft things which (hopefully) won't happen, like:

Being buried alive, being stabbed in the eye, teeth falling out... and so on.

I used to be terrified of aliens, but it was pretty irrational and I'm mostly over it now. Centipedes still creep the shit out of me though.

Getting lost/being alone.

Drowning in large bodies of water. I almost drowned in a lake when I was a kid, so it still makes me very anxious. Pools are fine though.

Edit @ Craig: Hahaha yeah man, eye stuff is gross. I wouldn't say I'm "scared" of it, but I'm very cautious with stuff around my throat and my eyes.

Edited by Prometheon

Okay, I am afraid of the Passenger prop planes...they always feel like they're going to shake apart. I used to hate them with a passion when I travelled for work.

there's two companies in vancouver that operate float plane trips from coal harbour to the island. one has planes that are from the late 60s and the other has brand new ones. i ALWAYS go for the brand new ones. either that or helijet... cooler but costs $199 as opposed to $60.

what scares me... you know when Colin dresses in all black and comes to your back window and taps his knife against the glass, yeah, that scares me.

Hahaha, does he seriously do that?

Yes....once or twice. It's rather scary that he can do that...and I figure some day he'll kill us all. heh.