johnerwin

M+ (merged)

I believe he said it will most likely be his last full album, yes. But he's still gonna make music, just releasing a few songs at a time which would be a great disappointment for me. I love the full album. Hopefully he'll change his mind by then but if he doesn't at least we'll still get music and an upside could be that we get new music more frequently and a larger variety of music. But whatever the case, it would suck if the next one is the last proper album.

Yeah, He said that this new album would be 8 songs long and that it will probably be his last 'full length' release, that he will be switching to EP's to have more of a variety with his music. I hope this means more tours lol...

Billy Corgan, if I remember, said something about putting singles out, claiming albums were obsolete.

And then put out Teargarden by Kaleidoscope online :/

But yeah I think EPs would be very interesting. Weirdly enough when I think an EP by Matt Good, I instinctively think "is this the return of the folk singer?" (lol) ><

Well BC is releasing a song at a time, which essentially becomes like 11 EPs. It might be a good idea if he was releasing good songs. Oh well.

Matt still has a lot of recording years ahead of him. I can't imagine that he would, in his 30s, declare this next album to be his last full length one. I mean maybe he did, but I guess I have trouble believing it. People change their minds, after all. We'll see.

Non Populus

Well it says

Let it be unto you

They all say

Let it be unto you

A mistake of the heart

Let it be unto you

Gonna rip you apart

But let it be unto you

Let it be unto you

What you escape

Let it be done to you

What you take away

Let it be done to you

For what you war

Let it be done to you

What you ignore

Let it be done to you

Might have rubbed you the wrong way

But that

Also... found out someone put up a zip file with lots of demos and etc... But you have to be a M+ to find out. I know it sounds like I'm promoting M+... but hey for a low price of $25, it's all yours. :-)

thats one of the guys here i think lol

thats one of the guys here i think lol

;)

The package is missing a few of the more recent files (at least two full songs, I think), but I figured I'd wait and do an updated version once he really gets into recording (or maybe after recording is finished). And I posted one track further into the thread that I accidentally left out.

Yeah, so if anyone wants a (mostly) full preview of the new album, it's in the M+ forums. This is probably a pretty good time to buy in (if anyone hasn't already), since he's just starting pre-production for the album.

gaaaaaah, the temptation is just too strong, lol. Really would like M+, but I'm strapped for cash right now. Maybe after my next paycheck, heh...

Anyway, I listened to "Vancouver" today for the first time in quite a while and I think it finally "hit" me. When it first came out, I gotta be honest, I was pretty disappointed, but now I can't get it out of my head! It's definitely got its own atmosphere, completely separate from the rest of Good's catalogue. And now I want more Matthew Good... how different is the new stuff? I've heard it's quite a departure, so that's always exciting to hear. I'm vacillating on this whole M+ thing... ;)

I just visited Matt's site for the first time in a while and man, if you don't have M+ it's pretty bare now. I'm not used to that. Even though I didn't really read his political posts, I did just like to see that he was still updating the site everyday. I know he still is, but since I'm not a member of M+ I'm just not seeing it. Just unfortunate that he had to stop the public blog.

Edited by Gomo

Hi. I'm Dan. I'm newish here (a lurker for a long time... not just at this forum, but a couple of the dead ones too). Finally got around to registering to post about this...

M+ members have a chance to get my free copy of Avalanche on vinyl. Thought I'd post about it here in case there's anyone that isn't checking that site very often. My reason and explanation are on the M+ site, but in short:

I don't want to sell it on ebay to someone who's never going to listen to it. I'm asking M+ members for music suggestions (bands, etc.), but the winner will be chosen at random.

Anyway that's it. Maybe I'll start posting here now that I'm registered. ;)