johnerwin

M+ (merged)

would there be any reason Matt wouldn't be able to post that Massey Hall acoustic show as an M+ download? I don't know any of the legalities or whatever, But it's something recorded and sitting around, if a hardcopy release isn't feasible a downloadable release would be far more cost effective.

1) He's said previously that Massey Hall being a union venue would require him to pay extra to release anything recorded there.

2) He might be able to work around the union issue if he were to release it completely for free. Releasing it for free to M+ members - there could be legal issues (since it would kinda be paid content), but maybe not.

3) He would probably have to get permission from Universal to do so, especially since two of the tracks are currently for sale on iTunes (Canada).

I'd like to see it get released somehow, but I'm not holding my breath. He's said previously that it was unlikely he'd release anything other than a couple of tracks here and there.

the site has a new front page - m+ starts this week.

Awesome, looking forward to seeing this. Some of the things he did post as examples for content could be classified as stupid in a sense but I think I like happy Matt joking around and having fun with things over when he gets serious. I understand it because I am bi polar myself and know that it is hell but the guy needs to have fun too. If I have to pay 25 bucks too see it, then that's fine with me.

I think I like happy Matt joking around and having fun with things over when he gets serious.

Not to turn him into The Musician With The Mentally Ill Fans, but it's something I've struggled with as well. I'm with him all the way on his political posts, but that stuff can get crushing with no balance.

Not to turn him into The Musician With The Mentally Ill Fans, but it's something I've struggled with as well. I'm with him all the way on his political posts, but that stuff can get crushing with no balance.

Yeah and the thing is, it's not something that annoys me. It's something that you see and you know things in the world do get to him and you can imagine him being really depressed or down. It's something that I just don't like to see in anybody and I see it in myself a lot. One thing bi polar does is give you the ability to really give a damn and sometimes it helps but sometimes it doesn't. When it doesn't is usually when you feel alone in that there seems to be a problem with something.