mrjason

Looks Like Vinyl Releases Of Back Catalog Are Coming

Same as always, but, at this point, you should probably just expect that it has the defect and hope that your turntable can play over it.  (Amazon sometimes pulls a listing if they get too many returns for a specific problem.  I'm a little surprised that hasn't happened here.)

I'm wondering if people are actually bothering to send the record back, considering that Matt doesn't seem to just have fans, but devotees.  Once I found out it was a pressing issue, I figured it would become a collector's item BECAUSE of the pressing issue:  now I'd never send it back.  LOL!

the reality is likely that most people purchasing his records aren't actually listening to them. This would amount to only a fraction of total purchases being sent back as returns. I'm not repurchasing this after my third attempt, damned if this shitty pressing sells out or not, my money is worth a quality product.

I'm wondering if people are actually bothering to send the record back, considering that Matt doesn't seem to just have fans, but devotees.  Once I found out it was a pressing issue, I figured it would become a collector's item BECAUSE of the pressing issue:  now I'd never send it back.  LOL!

I never thought of it that way! But, no, I can't be arsed to send it back. They clearly haven't found a correction for it yet and don't seem to be addressing it on a wide scale. I'm sure Matt has heard about it, even by lurking on the boards here, and knowing him he probably called someone in charge to ensure future pressings are fixed. In the end, it's one verse of one song ... and now I have a copy of a record I never thought I'd see on vinyl and am just happy to have so I can listen...and make my children listen to whenever I have them. 

If they address it in a formal way, offering direct replacements I'll go for it. But I'm fine with moving my tone arm two seconds later and getting to have the record. :)

Guest jjazz

Just giving LOTGA a listen now. It sounds great. Listening to Vermillion as we speak, and it's just so rich and warm. Geoff just blends into the mix of the whole record so well.

I also get the skip in 99% of us is failure, but no looping.

Right, there is a song missing from that record eh. I am yet to give it a spin. I just listened to Underdogs last night. Its a bit brighter than the HM and BM. But that could be due to my new cartridge. Sounds amazing though!

Beautiful Midnight sounds so much better on wax. I heard stuff on there which I never did before.

PREACH. Just got my copy as well and it simply opened a whole new sonic landscape for me. I used to use my table mainly for old school blues and jazz, but this is really something. WOW.

I agree with everyone who finds Beautiful Midnight to be a sonic revelation.  It just seemed different to me, more complete and encompassing, I'm not quite sure.  But I loved the way it sounded, to me it was by far the most noticeable difference of this first batch of vinyl records.  

• Upvote 2

Hey all,

I contacted the MG online store where I purchased my records as my copy of HM also has the skip on 99% (I don't think I had put on side B since I got it back in Jan, and only noticed it about a week ago). Mason from customer services mentioned that they weren't aware that there was a persistent issue with this pressing of HM that was affecting so many people (it was the first time someone had brought it to their attention., and that there were no current plans to go back into production for HM (or LOTGA despite the missing track). I'm going to provide a video of the issue for the store, and also directed them to this forum as evidence of the persistent issues...but it might not be a bad idea to also send some other videos if you're experiencing issues and bought HM from the MG online store. I was a pre-order person, and I doubt they'll be able to do much for me at the moment, but perhaps if they get enough messages, they'll consider doing something on a wider scale (i.e. providing replacement discs that have been corrected without the skipping on that track).

Hey all,

I contacted the MG online store where I purchased my records as my copy of HM also has the skip on 99% (I don't think I had put on side B since I got it back in Jan, and only noticed it about a week ago). Mason from customer services mentioned that they weren't aware that there was a persistent issue with this pressing of HM that was affecting so many people (it was the first time someone had brought it to their attention., and that there were no current plans to go back into production for HM (or LOTGA despite the missing track). I'm going to provide a video of the issue for the store, and also directed them to this forum as evidence of the persistent issues...but it might not be a bad idea to also send some other videos if you're experiencing issues and bought HM from the MG online store. I was a pre-order person, and I doubt they'll be able to do much for me at the moment, but perhaps if they get enough messages, they'll consider doing something on a wider scale (i.e. providing replacement discs that have been corrected without the skipping on that track).

Hmmm...interesting. I don't have a video but if you look at this pic I took, you can actually see there's a physical line in the vinyl where the skipping happens....

post-5440-0-88906200-1464667440_thumb.jpeg

Hmmm...interesting. I don't have a video but if you look at this pic I took, you can actually see there's a physical line in the vinyl where the skipping happens....

I've got exactly the same physical defect with my copy. I've sent a picture to them with the line visible, and hopefully they'll be able to figure something out...it would be great to get through that song without a skip :)

• Upvote 1