mrjason

Looks Like Vinyl Releases Of Back Catalog Are Coming

Listening to the vinyl right now and for the record (no pun intended) - the 2nd side of the 2nd record from BM is some of the best audio awesomeness ever made. The only thing that would make it better is if there were flames shooting out of my turntable right now.

So I have been enjoying the hell out of these vinyls lately, but it cant help me wonder when the next batch is coming.  When they released the first round early this year I just assumed it was a perfect setup for the remainder to come out in time for XMas, but it seems obvious that isn't going to happen now.  From what I understand the vinyls sold pretty well, so hopefully low sales haven't halted the remainder being released.  Has anyone heard any word on the progress for these? 

I am so hoping to get Audio of Being on vinyl! plus WLRRR which may not be my favourite album, but I think its sound would translate very well to the vinyl format.  Does anyone know if the other two EP's were planned for release? I mean Raygun was so I'm hoping fingers crossed Loser Anthems and Lo-Fi also get that treatment.  

I am unfortunately without a record player and have been for quite awhile, or else I'd just buy them, but I wish I could pay Matt for some 24/48 rips of these vinyls, because I've heard they're quite an improvement over the CDs, especially Underdogs.  I found rips of the new OLP Naveed and Clumsy vinyls and even after digitizing there is a huge difference when I compare them to my CDs.

I will back that up in a major way.  To me the sound was revolutionary.  Beautiful Midnight and Underdogs stood out for sure, but even Astronauts was an improvement.  I didn't notice it as much with Hospital Music.  But that could be because of the nature of the tracks.  I just have a feeling Audio of Being would sound amazing on vinyl.  Like Advertising on Police Cars has so much presence, I cant imagine the way it'd sound on vinyl, Im excited to get to hear it hopefully someday.  

I will back that up in a major way. To me the sound was revolutionary. Beautiful Midnight and Underdogs stood out for sure, but even Astronauts was an improvement. I didn't notice it as much with Hospital Music. But that could be because of the nature of the tracks. I just have a feeling Audio of Being would sound amazing on vinyl. Like Advertising on Police Cars has so much presence, I cant imagine the way it'd sound on vinyl, Im excited to get to hear it hopefully someday.

I would buy an audio of being vinyl in a heartbeat. I think sonically it would stand out, and you could probably pick up on some new nuances that are less obvious on the digital copy

So I have been enjoying the hell out of these vinyls lately, but it cant help me wonder when the next batch is coming.  When they released the first round early this year I just assumed it was a perfect setup for the remainder to come out in time for XMas, but it seems obvious that isn't going to happen now.  From what I understand the vinyls sold pretty well, so hopefully low sales haven't halted the remainder being released.  Has anyone heard any word on the progress for these? 

I am so hoping to get Audio of Being on vinyl! plus WLRRR which may not be my favourite album, but I think its sound would translate very well to the vinyl format.  Does anyone know if the other two EP's were planned for release? I mean Raygun was so I'm hoping fingers crossed Loser Anthems and Lo-Fi also get that treatment.  

I find it odd that they didn't release Audio of Being on vinyl.  WLRRR I can kind of understand, since it's not as popular.  Hopefully we'll get AOB and WLRRR sometime soon.  I bought LOTGA on vinyl the other day, $20 hellz ya...worth it even without Omissions of the Omen, one of the best tracks on there.  I'd be very surprised if the other EP's you mentioned get on vinyl.

I'm still really hoping, although I know it is highly unlikely that a version of In a Coma will be turned into a double vinyl.  I picture rooms on one album, except instead of a greatest hits on the other (because its redundant with all the other vinyl releases) Maybe we could have a rarities disc.  Keep Pony Boy and All Together, throw on Omissions to make up for its absence.  And then maybe add in 5-6 more b-sides like Can't Get Shot in the Back, Dusk, Hornets, whatever Matt's favourites of some of the stuff that hasn't seen an official release.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Idioteque

I can see them avoiding In A Coma, it would make fans have to purchase the rest of the discography for the hits.

Gomo, it's probably worse knowing Matt found out that one of his favourite songs is missing, by reading the forum. 

Chaotic Neutral was out fall of '15 Vinyls came out in Jan of '16 I believe.  The Chaotic Neutral vinyl was delayed significantly and ended up actually coming out at the same time as the other vinyls though.  

I'm assuming the next batch will have at least Audio of Being, Avalanche, WLRRR, Vancouver and Lights.  Three of those were released on vinyl previously, but I am hoping they get re-released because of the lack of availability.  I have Vancouver and Lights, but would like Avalanche for sure.  I'd still really like the EP's though, Lo-Fi and Loser Anthems would be awesome! Raygun got released so there is hope.  

I think it'd be a cool marketing decision if a limited run of blue covered Loser Anthems were sold through Matt's website along with a wider release of the Orange ones.  It'd be a clever way to get fans to double dip.  

What is the official colour of the Audio of Being cover anyways? I know people tend to lean towards black, plus the singles had black backgrounds, but the promo previews of the album that I've seen have always been white covered.  

Edited by adam_777

Just got the vinyl today for BM Revisited. Haven't opened it yet, but it should be the blue edition. Looking forward to listening to it later tonight! It's a bit of a smaller size than the other vinyl releases.

Your time frame definitely sounds correct. I dunno if it just happened where the timeframe worked out that CN came out and then a few months later a batch of reissue vinyls came out, but from a marketing standpoint, that's not a bad idea, especially going into 2017 when Matt is playing his (arguably) most loved work in full during a tour and going into record a new album. Definitely a way to keep him in the public's mind for a little bit.

Chaotic Neutral was out fall of '15 Vinyls came out in Jan of '16 I believe.  The Chaotic Neutral vinyl was delayed significantly and ended up actually coming out at the same time as the other vinyls though.  

I'm assuming the next batch will have at least Audio of Being, Avalanche, WLRRR, Vancouver and Lights.  Three of those were released on vinyl previously, but I am hoping they get re-released because of the lack of availability.  I have Vancouver and Lights, but would like Avalanche for sure.  I'd still really like the EP's though, Lo-Fi and Loser Anthems would be awesome! Raygun got released so there is hope.  

I think it'd be a cool marketing decision if a limited run of blue covered Loser Anthems were sold through Matt's website along with a wider release of the Orange ones.  It'd be a clever way to get fans to double dip.  

What is the official colour of the Audio of Being cover anyways? I know people tend to lean towards black, plus the singles had black backgrounds, but the promo previews of the album that I've seen have always been white covered.  

Your time frame definitely sounds correct. I dunno if it just happened where the timeframe worked out that CN came out and then a few months later a batch of reissue vinyls came out, but from a marketing standpoint, that's not a bad idea, especially going into 2017 when Matt is playing his (arguably) most loved work in full during a tour and going into record a new album. Definitely a way to keep him in the public's mind for a little bit.

Yeah, sometimes you can oversaturate the market, but I would argue that the back catalog reissues won't interfere with sales of the new record.  Most of the people buying the vinyls of the back catalog already own them in cd or digital and if you're a big enough fan to be buying the back catalog, I'm assuming you are going to be getting the new release in some form too.  2017 Could be The Year of Matthew Good.  It's possible we'll get archive vinyls of the remainder of discography, a new record, a Beautiful Midnight tour and possible a late fall tour supporting the new record.