guitarchick

Do You Support Matthew Good's Views

Do you support Matthew Good 's views and opinion?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support Matthew Good 's views and opinion?

• No
    • Yes
    • Some

I was just thinking about this continuous issue with Matt and the abuse that he gets from people.

I would just like to know how many of you support his views and opinions.

It'd be cool if you'd explain why or why not.

Edit: Please accept one another’s differences.

Edited by guitarchick

I agree with enough of his views to put down a "Yes". This isn't to say I agree 100% with everything he says, but on a fair majority of issues I'm somewhere on his side. Also I believe in a musician/public figures right/role in expressing their views. He's in a position to reach a lot of people, and trying to explain his standpoint on issues and inform people, is always a good thing. So in that way I support his views and voicing of them, even if I didn't agree with them as often as I do.

What's respectable about Matt is that he uses his spotlight responsibly, so to speak. He's quite vocal of his beliefs, but he bothers to gives sources for what he says and he stays informed. This contrasts sharply with the vast majority of celebrities who voice their opinions to the public and know little to nothing on the actual subject.

He's obviously very well-informed and intelligent.

I agree. For the most part, I respect what he has to say.

What's respectable about Matt is that he uses his spotlight responsibly, so to speak. He's quite vocal of his beliefs, but he bothers to gives sources for what he says and he stays informed. This contrasts sharply with the vast majority of celebrities who voice their opinions to the public and know little to nothing on the actual subject.

I totally agree with that too. That's what makes him stand out from other artists out there.

I said some, since there have been some things he's talked about that I don't agree with. For instance, he's made remarks that the Canadians in Afghanistan should be brought home since he didn't think they were protecting Canada at all, or words to that extent. I think that they should stay, as Canada's role as peacekeepers has diminished considerably over the years, and I think that they are doing good over there.

Another one was when he said that Svend Robinson should be sent to Iraq to learn the meaning of stress. I thought that wasn't a very intelligent remark.

Other than that, without going through every one of his blog entries, I'd have to say that I pretty much agree with lots of what he has to say. One beef I do have with his blog, however, is how he usually only posts "excellent" articles from authors who write what he likes. Personally, I think it'd be neat if he posted articles from right-wing nutcase sources like the Free Republic, and then ripped them to shreds like they do at Daily Kos, a reputable (and my favourite) left-wing blog. But that's just me. Matt can do what he wants.

Good post;

I voted some, for the same reasons as stated above. I agree with most of his views on politics but some i have my own for. Thats what makes people unique, we all have our own beliefs and oppinions. Not agreeing with everything he says is one thing but harasing comments or emails is not something i could ever condone, a dignified friendly debate is one thing but rudeness should not be tolerated for any reason.

i put some. he has a lot of pertinent things to say.

but you'd just be completely mindless to blindly agree with everything he says. i haven't really heard him say anything i completely disagree with yet, but you know.

i'm not going to say yes, because that would be blind trust. and blind trust is a fallacy when it comes to things like that.

i voted yes, because other than the Svend/Iraq thing, i have never disgreed with anything he says. Except the "Everyone get's a shit-kicking," because not everyone does, unfortunately.

Well then, while I do support most of his views, you've got to have your own.

It's what makes us who we are, right?

I couldnt have said it better myself.

Well.. I would have added in a "jerkface" at the end, to add some flavour. But your way is great too!

I voted yes. There has been very little he has said that I did not agree with. However, even if I did disagree, I'd still support him for saying it. There are very few people in this world that will speak their mind regardless of consequence. I admire that.

For the most part, I agree with them, but it's not as though I haven't already formed my opinion on something. The reason I read the blog is because I'm already interested in politics, Amnesty, etc, not because the blog made me interested.