The song Lateralus is written in 9/8, 8/8 and 7/8, the numbers 9, 8,and 7 are the 16th step in the Fibonacci Sequence.

EDIT: Fixed a small typo.

what in the shit are you talking about?

is this some musician-y nonsense that makes no sense to anyone else or am i just retarded?

wait, don't answer that last part, about me being retarded.

The song Lateralus is written in 9/8, 8/8 and 7/8, the numbers 9, 8,and 7 are the 16th step in the Fibonacci Sequence.

is this some musician-y nonsense that makes no sense to anyone else or am i just retarded?

Well see, someone posted that the lyrics to said song was written in that math sequence, and i was just saying thats how the band wrote the song, in those time signatures. It was a harmless response.

Well see, someone posted that the lyrics to said song was written in that math sequence, and i was just saying thats how the band wrote the song, in those time signatures. It was a harmless response.

i wasn't saying it was harmful, just that i don't understand it. i'm not a musician, and i don't even know what a time signature is. so i was confused.

Anyone know if there is an opening band for this tour? When we saw Tool in 2001 we walk in halfway through the grudge due to backups at the border after september 11th and that was sorta disappointing.

P.S. - enjoyong the new Cd, especially the pot.

No opening band on the pre-tour.

Held off on listening to the new Tool till the day it came out (picked it up, put it in the cd player, the whole bit)

Cover art is amazing.

The CD just gets better with every listen. I wasn't a fan of the Pot my first time through, but it's fast becoming one of my favourites. Wings/10,000 Days just shatters me every time I hear it, and Jambi (the one track I heard on the Edge prior to the release date) is also quickly becoming a favourite, considering I wasn't huge on it when I heard it.

Excellent, excellent effort from these boys, can't wait for the 16th.

Edited by MuttersomeTaxicab

The Detroit show was pretty cool. A nice mix of new and old. Maynard was in good spirts and chatted up the crowd more than i had heard before. Plus, he didn't spend his whole time with his back to the audience unlike the last show I saw. He really knows how to work a cowboy hat.

I just bought 10,000 days and I am amazed. I never knew much of Tool before, the extent of my knowledge was pretty much Schism and the other few odd songs that got played on the radio. This friend of mine has been listening to them lately and I got interested, so I bought the album. Wow. THIS is a cd to listen to loud on headphones with the lights out.... in that dark introspective mood or angry agression. Forget Mars Volta and all those others, Tool is the harder, more evil sounding Pink Floyd of modern times. The Pot is one of the best songs I've ever heard. So many others are good too. And apparently I haven't even gotten to the good stuff yet.