Raines harmonies used to be awsome. They were a good band until they decided to go kiddie pop-rock. Ever since that video...I forget which song it was.

Now all their new stuff seems to be whiny, pussyish and uninteresting.

OLP were good for about 2 years. The Raine got too full of himself. They used to be a good, straight up rock band and now...well, now it seems like every video they put out is trying to tackle some big issue. Get back to just rocking boys. Singing about Superman and Naveed and all that jazz.

i haven't heard the new album, but i can't think of any band that's gone poppy/mainstream and recovered. Clumsy is such an awesome song, so it seems such a waste. but it happens all the time.

I've always hated them for stealing Sarah Slean's song "Julia." I don't care if they bought it off of her or whatever. It's a damn good song, and Raine's annoying fucking vocals ruin it.

olp just arent the same..

although vampires sounds like an awesome song..

their new album is the type thatll take some getting used to..

the album is called "healthy in paranoid times"

which is i guess their way of trying to seem

poetic.. which id say they failed in doing.. lol

thanx for the info about the new album, buddy ;)

hmmm, I'm not sure which was my favourite album, (although we can rule out gravity). What I wonder is, OLP has shown they can make quite good music, they have talent, they make gravity, horrify many longtime fans, how are they reacting to their fan's reactions?

I've always hated them for stealing Sarah Slean's song "Julia." I don't care if they bought it off of her or whatever. It's a damn good song, and Raine's annoying fucking vocals ruin it.

I thought it was OLP's song to begin and she was a fan who sent a demo-tape of a slower version. I have a copy of the slower version and i don't even like it as much.

Plus, new song I heard on the radio sounds like crap.

Nope. she did the original version (slow) put it on a demo tape and sent it to them. OLP then proceeded to do a cover of it. They explained the history of it at one of their live shows. I was there for the other bands.

Personally i like her version 10x better, but that's just a matter of opinion.

I thought it was OLP's song to begin and she was a fan who sent a demo-tape of a slower version. I have a copy of the slower version and i don't even like it as much.

Plus, new song I heard on the radio sounds like crap.

That is correct.

I actually like their new song now. Meh.

And I dont get why ppl [not you static] are making fun of Raine for trying to be socially conscious.. Matthew Good did the same thing! I dont see why you would tell either to f*** off and save rainforests. theyre both doing good things.

Nope. she did the original version (slow) put it on a demo tape and sent it to them. OLP then proceeded to do a cover of it. They explained the history of it at one of their live shows. I was there for the other bands.

Personally i like her version 10x better, but that's just a matter of opinion.

Thanks for the info!

I like the idea of the slower version and I would probably like her version better. Raine's voice sounds like shit on the version I have.

I have the new OLP album and I think it's pretty good. It's definitely not "Gravity" part 2. I've liked the band all along though, so I might be biased.

One thing I noticed though is that it feels like they're trying to be U2 sometimes. There are two songs in the middle of the record, "Love & Trust" and "Boy," which sound just like u2 instrumentally. "Boy" is especially obvious, which is ironic considering U2's first album was called boy.

I don't think "Where Are you?" is a good representation of the record. There are a couple of acoustic tracks too and the last one in particular took me by surprise.

Some songs remind me of "Happiness..." but I mean, it's not like old OLP. You can definitely tell Steve Mazer (new guitarist) wrote the guitar parts on this record, as opposed to playing what Mike Turner had already written for "Gravity."

It's a solid pop-rock record. It's not groundbreaking, but it should keep OLP fans and mainstream rock radio happy.

-Marc

Everytiem I hear the new song ont he radio I am outraged that it even makes it on to the air. It is very, very bad. THis is my opinion, but I believe that even those who do believe it is good are simply lying to themselves because they want to hold on to something from their childhood (Clumsy, which in hindsight, was horrible). Curse you for not realizing this and being responsible for me hearing that god aweful song at least once a day. I want my soul back.

what???!!! are you serious??!! the song is amazing. i'll let the lyrics speak for themselves:

"come on, come on, come on, come on"... plus or minus a "come on"

i mean... that just says it all right there. i've never heard such beautiful words be nasally vocalized by any other coke-ridden has-been. ever.