heyrabbit

Wedding Crashers

Vince Vaughn(sp?)and Owen Wilson "act" out the same characters they are in every movie they're in. Vince Vaughn seemed to stand out particularily for some reason. I think his acting is just, so bad in every movie he's in that you can't help but wonder why he's there.

Just when I thought about walking out of this movie - the first since Daredevil- there's an unexpected cameo by none other than fellow "comedy actor" Will Farrel playing... Will Farrel! He yells out "Meatloaf" and everyone laughs as they always do when he does something not funny.It's almost as if everyone accepts that it's funny because they think it's supposed to be.

Normally these types of movies are good for a laugh but this one seemed to drag on. It was too long for just a few sex jokes and the predictable romance between Owen Wilson and whatever-her-name-is.

Not even Christopher Walkin could make this one worthwhile.

I thought it was awesome too, I don't know what you're talking about. If you're looking for "sophisticated" humor Will Ferell definately isn't the way to go. I mean, the reason people laughed at that was 1) It's Will Ferell and 2) He's a 40 year old living at home telling his mom to bring him meatloaf. I thought Vince vaughn stood out in a good way. 8/10.

i thought anchorman sucked. i don't recall being impressed by any of his movies. i don't mind celebrity jeopardy, but it's not him that makes it funny. a few of his snl skits are funny. it all just gets so over played.

"Elf was brilliant on all accounts." Gatta disagree with you there friend, the first half of the movie maybe but the second, wow, that was horrible. I really thought wedding crashers was funny, i just saw it tonight with my bud, " mom, meatloaf, FUCK!" its funny! i dunno maybe i just like that played out character that Will Ferell always plays, it makes me laugh whether its the same thing over and over again, doesnt really bother me much i guess.

The only Ferrell movie that's been just okay is Kicking & Screaming (and probably Bewitched). Everything else has been superb.

And Wedding Crashers was fucking fantastic the whole way through. Vince Vaughn's character was basically Trent from Swingers 10 years older, which was awesome.

Might be on par with Old School, hard to say.

I thought it was awesome too, I don't know what you're talking about. If you're looking for "sophisticated" humor Will Ferell definately isn't the way to go. I mean, the reason people laughed at that was 1) It's Will Ferell and 2) He's a 40 year old living at home telling his mom to bring him meatloaf. I thought Vince vaughn stood out in a good way. 8/10.

Well it would be nice if there were some clever jokes. I think you hit the nail right on the head. They laughed because it was Will Ferrel, not because it was a good movie. Will Ferrel's an entertainment fad.

poor acting, poorly written. I'll give it a 3 out of 10

just because it's slapstick humor doesn't mean the jokes have to be low-brow, boring and poorly delivered. Good jokes are inherently clever and intellectually smilulating whether they are simple, subtle or complicated.There's a reason why we smile, open our mouths and laugh. And although some jokes may appear on the surface to be simple, they're not.There are many factors that determine what makes a joke funny. I could go on stage and read a chris rock act without getting any reaction. why? because his jokes are cleverly delivered with the words he chooses,facial expressions and the tone of his voice.

That's why Will ferrel can sit there 'acting' out a 40 year old and it's not funny.obnoxious humor has to be believable to be funny. When will sat there and yelled "Ma get me some meatloaf!" in his monotone blurt he didn't change his facial expressions, he didn't sound like he was asking for it and he didn't ACT. if a real actor did that scene it would have been funny.

For the same reasons, Raymonds dad on Everybody loves Raymond isn't funny. The character is supposed to be obnoxious, NOT the actor. Saying the lines without any effort makes the actor seem obnoxious, lazy and boring.

Jim carey is a great example of an obnoxious-style comedian because he's able to come off as being convincing.

If you don't act what you have is something like Vince vaughan saying a bunch of words that's supposed to be a joke but it's not funny.

Edited by heyrabbit

just because it's slapstick humor doesn't mean the jokes have to be low-brow, boring and poorly delivered. Good jokes are inherently clever and intellectually smilulating whether they are simple, subtle or complicated.There's a reason why we smile, open our mouths and laugh. And although some jokes may appear on the surface to be simple, they're not.There are many factors that determine what makes a joke funny. I could go on stage and read a chris rock act without getting any reaction. why? because his jokes are cleverly delivered with the words he chooses,facial expressions and the tone of his voice.

That's why Will ferrel can sit there 'acting' out a 40 year old and it's not funny.obnoxious humor has to be believable to be funny. When will sat there and yelled "Ma get me some meatloaf!" in his monotone blurt he didn't change his facial expressions, he didn't sound like he was asking for it and he didn't ACT. if a real actor did that scene it would have been funny.

For the same reasons, Raymonds dad on Everybody loves Raymond isn't funny. The character is supposed to be obnoxious, NOT the actor. Saying the lines without any effort makes the actor seem obnoxious, lazy and boring.

Jim carey is a great example of an obnoxious-style comedian because he's able to come off as being convincing.

If you don't act what you have is something like Vince vaughan saying a bunch of words that's supposed to be a joke but it's not funny.

;) if i ever wanna be an actor i guess you can tell me how to do the job.

wedding crashers=good film. there is no debate

Edited by trufflepig

heyrabbit-

stop looking for the meaning of life in a movie w/ Will farrel in it and you may appreciate his humor. It could be possible that you are in those awkward years between the young "laugh at stupid things cuz it's funny" days and the "laugh at funny things cuz the world is too fuckin serious" days (that'll come in the future) We understand the need to not laugh at slapstick, as that could make one seem unintellectual and uncool.

someday you wont give a shit. I certainly dont- and neither does Will Ferrel- thats what makes him so GD funny.