lyuan

'strange Days' Arrangement

Hey guys,

Being a Matt Good fan, as well as an developing musician (dare I call myself that here??), I rearranged one of my favorite MG tunes for a piano, two violins, and a guitar. It's not a very good recording; it's very raw, and the sound levels haven't been tweaked. This was also done in one take since it was in front of an audience.

Anyway, I thought it had its moments. So, in hopes that some of you might also recognize those moments in between the noise, I share with you this instrumental arrangement of Matthew Good's 'Strange Days'.

By the way, that would be me on the ivory. :angry: - Don't worry about bashing it!!! Matt I am not! ;)

http://www.ninjastars.ca/music/Larry%20-%2...ange%20Days.mp3

Larry

Edited by lyuan

I love Apocalyptica - I actually went to see them when they came to Toronto. It was a great show! I absolutely love their cover of 'Nothing Else Matters'. I like the Kronos Quartet as well - they're featured on the 'Requiem for a Dream' soundtrack - no covers, but very 'crunchy' low end string section...I love it!!!!

L.

It seems a tad bit disjointed, but that could be fixed with some remixing. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Edit: FYI: I love it, I'm not trying to belittle you.

Edited by Dan #3

It seems a tad bit disjointed, but that could be fixed with some remixing. I enjoyed it quite a bit.

Edit: FYI: I love it, I'm not trying to belittle you.

I totally agree with you - it was in part the equipment, and in part my ensemble was playing this for the 2nd time in their lives..hahahah - I hope I get a chance to record ths properly, if I ever get the opportunity to be in a studio. ;) Long ways off from that though..hahahah

Thank you for your post though - and everyone else too - it means a lot coming from this forum! :angry:

Edited by lyuan