Monkey

The Next Single

I'm Not Safer Than A Bank is less than a minute long though. It would surely be overplayed that way.

matt could always just add a couple more verses and throw the chorus in a couple more times, 3 minute single ;)

Even though I know Matt will never do it, I think he should market the hell out of this album and put most of the songs on the radio cause I think this album is amazing.

Huh?

I'm pretty sure it's the radio's decision whether an artist's songs get played on the radio, not the artist themselves. If Matt could release any song he wanted and have it played on the radio do you think Alert Status Red or Rico would have been singles?

Edited by haircut-rabbit

my vote is for either:

A Single Explosion ("I can't write love songs" would be a great line to hear on the radio and I think it can crossover a few different radio formats)

99% Of Us is Failure (one of my faves but I'm not sure I can imagine it on the radio. I'd love to hear the kids' cheer and chimes)

I'm a Window kind of reminds me of Little Terror.

Odette is one of my favourites on the album for sure, if not number one or two, and I think if people weren't stupid they would grow to love it, but knowing the radio it wouldn't go down well. It's too boring you say? Now does that mean you personally find it boring, or that it's just not single material? Because if you find it boring then I guess that means almost every song on the entire album is boring.

The Devil's in Your Details is definitely the most musically interesting on the entire record and also one of my faves. I think it could be a great choice for radio but I'm not sure if I feel like it getting overplayed. Damnit, no wonder it's so appealing, Ryan Dahle plays lead guitar on it. That was awesome to read in the booklet. They should collaborate more often.

Also, of course I'm a Window would work for a single and I think it could do very well. So I don't know, I think I'm a Window should be the next single.

Guest Prosis

I would've left the acoustic guitar solo at the beginning of Odette out...it kind of screws up the mood of the song I think...but it's an awesome song...

Huh?

I'm pretty sure it's the radio's decision whether an artist's songs get played on the radio, not the artist themselves. If Matt could release any song he wanted and have it played on the radio do you think Alert Status Red or Rico would have been singles?

Its funny how the radio decides what we as society "like" for music. I feel that they often play crap songs in high rotation, which results in them sticking in peoples heads. Case point Nickelback.