Monkey

The Next Single

Hi!

I'm a long time reader who doesnt usually post but I want to get myself in the thick of things here. I absolutely LOVE .."Boy Came Home" and think that would be a great single. Then again, I've never once heard any of his songs on the radio here in Philadelphia, so what I wish for is a moot point. Especially considering radio really stinks here in Philly, with basically one rock station

Not that I would ever want Matt Good to be played on the radio, but for the sake of argument.

god forbid they should play matt good on the radio, and then people might hear him who haven't heard him before, and go "hey, i like this!" and then buy his albums/go to his shows. that would be terrible. if it wasn't for matthew good being played on the radio, i would never have heard him, and never started listening to him.

I think if they edited out the talking loops & most of the "Try again" loops at the beginning of the song, "Champions of Nothing" would be a great single. Its bar far the best song on the album IMO. But again the key is to edit the song down from its 9-minute length.

I also think any song between A Single Explosion, 99% Of Us Is Failure, I'm A Window, & She's In It For The Money would be a good single too.

I like Black Helicopter too, too bad the CD version kinda blows.

I think "I'm A Window" is probably the "catchiest" for a radio release.

they just played 'odette' on XM52 'the verge' (its a channel dedicated to 'up and coming canadian artists, usually independent though) . im not sure what that means as far as the next single though, since The Verge sometimes plays random songs from albums and not necessarily the singles, but it was still cool to hear.

Personally I think they should release another catchy tune to Radio as the follow up to the stellar "Born Losers", such as:

"I am a Window"

Yet, in the end, Universal has a terrible track record of releasing the best suited songs off of Matt's previous albums to radio in the past, such as:

- "It's been Awhile...", instead of "Empty Road."

- "Carmalina", instead of a radio edit version of "Man of Action."

- "The Future is X-Rated", insead of "Suburbia."

- & "Rico", instead of a radio edit of "Prime Time Deliverance."

...Though this is simply my own opinion.

So, in my humble opinion, Universal will next release:

"Devil's In The Details"

It's pretty safe to say.

Yet, in the end, Universal has a terrible track record of releasing the best suited songs off of Matt's previous albums to radio in the past, such as:

- "It's been Awhile...", instead of "Empty Road."

- "Carmalina", instead of a radio edit version of "Man of Action."

- "The Future is X-Rated", insead of "Suburbia."

- & "Rico", instead of a radio edit of "Prime Time Deliverance."

...Though this is simply my own opinion.

So, in my humble opinion, Universal will next release:

"Devil's In The Details"

It's pretty safe to say.

Carmelina would always have been chosen before Man of Action because it has a heavily repeated chorus. Same with the Future Is X-Rated instead of Suburbia, Rico instead of Prime Time... if you were in charge of picking singles you'd be fired.