T-Lee

A "canadian Idol" Sings Apparitions.

Yes, even my friend who doesn't know much of their stuff at all said he kicked ass and she loves that song now. I'm not into that song, I like their older stuff but I'm definately wanting to see him sing it; still haven't seen it yet.. I never watched AI this season.

I agree. I would have hoped that a hardcore fan like David Cook (and he is), he would have picked something older. Than again, as a fan who would love to see more exposure in the states, I must grateful an OLP song was picked for the show.

It wasn't that bad. I think this forum is particularly bad to critique him...

Needless to say he got booted off the show, so it wasn't well liked by anybody. Apparitions is a risky song on that show as it isn't mainstream. He might have been safer with some slop rock, so I'll give him credit for giving it a whirl.

Truthfully, I enjoy the different arrangement for it, but the dude's voice just doesn't do it for me.

It also probably doesn't help that I think anyone who isn't Matt Good but happens to be singing a Matt Good sounds ridiculous.

I also like the arrangement, and the piano in particular. Vocally, he sounds like his throat is full of fluid, and that turned me off immediately.

You're right about the ridiculous part. I am always cautious about people covering songs I love, but it is bound to happen eventually if the songs are any good. I honestly think I would be a lot less critical if it were a woman trying to cover it. To quantify that, I guess it's because I understand that male and female voices will never sound the same (and if they do, there's something wrong), so there's a bit more leeway for covers that bridge the gender of the vocalists.

For example, I enjoy Tori Amos' cover of Smells Like Teen Spirit, and I don't *hate* the Evens Blue cover of Sarah McLachlan's Possession. Now, Possession was on Canadian Idol a few years ago, the singer was a young girl, and it was horrible.

Edited by Nearfantastica

Fucking Idols. Everywhere.

What a load of shite that cover was, one of the wankiest singers I've seen on an Idol (well, besides the usual first-round tuneless cunts).

I totally agree with you on there.

I didn't care for anything about the guy. Horrible voice.

Blasphemy. ;) This guy managed to make the song sound like a cheesy Bryan Adams-ish rock ballad, and I'm being generous. Did anyone watch the video of them all singing Sloan's Money City Maniacs? Shameful. But, really what do you expect from a show hosted by Ben Mulroney; one of Brian Mulroney's worst contributions to Canada, possibly even more so than the GST.