Crusader

Hey Sexy People

We need some help to pay for forum upgrades

So I've been trying as best I can to keep the forums running fast but the best solution might be to upgrade to the lastest version of the forums software.

Unfortunately, Invision Board (what The Bored runs on) isn't open source (free) anymore and to do that I'd have to buy a license for a grand total of $150 USD.

How can I help?

I'd pay for all of this myself but school eats all of my money and so does the monthly payments to keep this whole website up.

If you want the "Server is too busy" errors and lag to go away or are interested in some new features like "ignore user's posts" and can spare some money... Feel free to post here or PM me, Crusader, directly.

Buying CDs or anything like that through our Amazon links on the website will help too. You can find them on the individual album pages.

We also get some proceeds from t-shirt sales through our t-shirt store.

Do I get anything out of this?

Aside from the forums running MUCH MUCH FASTER and a brand new look, you can get some cool bonuses for your forum account.

Depending on how much you can contribute you can get a combination of the following:

- a sizable amount of NF$.

- a lifetime 50% discount to the NF Store.

- a lifetime 100% discount to the NF Store.

- a custom usergroup on the forum with custom group image to be displayed under your name. (eg. eloe.gif )

- and anything else reasonable you can come up with!

The NF Store may also be set to free download mode for up to two weeks for all members, depending on how much bandwidth we can spare.

What happens when we raise the $150?

A post will be made telling everyone that we've reached our goal. Following that, the license will be purchased and work on version 2 of The Bored will commence. All the posts and users will be transferred over so no re-registering will be necessary. After extensive testing, the new version of the forum will be launched and surprise you when you next logon.

What if we raise more than $150?

In the event that we raise over the target amount, we will use the money only for the monthly hosting payments and possibly future forum upgrades.

I wish I could help but I'm poor too ;)

If you can't spare any money, it's cool! I will still pay for the hosting and continue running this website.

We will not be closing or anything like that so don't worry. We've been going for nearly five years strong and we'll keep on going!

Thanks for reading and your support over the years.

SMF was, surprisingly, a huge resource hog. And that was just on a vanilla install ;). And while I like PHPBB, their track record for getting hacked is pretty bad.

Sticking with IPB lets us keep the store and some of the other stuff people don't notice running in the background.

SMF was, surprisingly, a huge resource hog. And that was just on a vanilla install :angry:. And while I like PHPBB, their track record for getting hacked is pretty bad.

Sticking with IPB lets us keep the store and some of the other stuff people don't notice running in the background.

Oh I didn't know that for SMF...but I completely agree for PHPBB... ;)

I would help if I could sorry :angry: