VTSV

10th Anniversary Cover Album

29 members have voted

1. 1. Are you in?

• I'm down
    • Can't play but I'd love to hear it
    • What an f'ing stupid idea

Just seeing if there's any actual interest in this...

On September 14, 1999, an album by the name of Beautiful Midnight was released. A short time later, it found its way into my CD player, and long story short became part of a significant milestone in my life.

I find it hard to believe that an entire decade has past since then, and how much the world has changed in that time. I think now is as good a time as any to revisit it, in the form of a tribute/cover to quite possibly one of the greatest albums of our time.

So here's the plan (which of course with feedback is subject to change): 14 tracks, 14 fans/collaborations (Postal Service style?), each covering a song from the album (hopefully in more than the YouTube standard "I have a webcam and an acoustic guitar so here's this song I just learned how to play" format) to be released to the online masses on September 14, 2009.

Thoughts?

Edited by VTSV

Guest jjazz

Well anybody let me know if they want to get something together. I can play guitar, bass, and sing a little. I am totally for this.

What ever happened to that mgt.cityaftersix website or whatever?

I contributed Prime Time Deliverance to that tribute cd, and that was well over a year ago, it has still yet to be completed...

VTSV, i'm sure you could find a beautiful midnight track or two on there already completed

some of them from the last time were great. i'd love to help out but i have no equipment...can I sing into my phone and send it to ya? or my rock band mic? I would love to contribute !

I definitely agree beau midnight is a life changer...I didn't find it until like 2001ish but it still was very important.

Edited by prototypepariah

For those of you wanting to contribute and wondering how to record...

If you have a PC download Audacity here: http://audacity.sourceforge.net/download/

It's free recording software thats extremely easy to use. You can record via a microphone, built in microphone in your laptop or line in.

And if you have a mac, I'm sure your well aware you have garageband on your harddrive.

If you haven't used it before, give it a shot, really simple and gives amazing results after some practice with it.

Edited by julianzz

i'd be down, might be able to do a couple of songs but would need to find a singer.

definitely would want to try suburbia

school is done at the end of the month and i finally get my weekends back

Edited by finboy

I'm always in for this kind of idea, but sadly it never really goes. I had high hopes for the last attempt.

Anyway, I don't really have anything from BM in my lexicon of poorly played songs. I can sign most of it, but that is only in my delusional opinion.

I did the Prime Time Deliverance cover for that other project...but I'd definitely like to do something new for any other kind of compilation. Problem is I've had technical issues ever since I bought a new computer. I need to get a new sound card. One that doesn't suck.

i really think this could work. i mean, people DID record covers for the last project as aforementioned, it's just the guy disappeared for no absolute reason after putting the project off for so long.

i'm definitely down for this. sign a bit, maybe do keyboard =)

Apparitions is my weakest song... but that is because I can only really strum and you need to be smarter than that to play it.

Also I think we are talking about covers from Beautiful Midnight, which, unless you are American doesn't have Apparitions on it ;)