Crusader

Matthew Good 2011 Tour Dates!

Last night's show was terrific, but I've never seen matt so disheartened by a crowd. I did enjoy when one guy screamed "no you ruined it, bitch, shut up!" The crowd seemed to like that one. It's a shame non populus had to be ruined by those old dudes who wouldn't listen to security. All in all a great show, and honestly, the highlights would have to be all the mgb material, because that's when matt had the crowd by the balls. I've never seen a theatre crowd of his more into it. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a huge rant on his website though.

Sorry to hear that. That's too bad. I guess that's what happens when they serve alcohol at concert venues, or some people are inconsiderate by nature.

An older gentleman was sitting beside me, with his grandson. When they played apparitions, the man said to the boy, 'now here's a classic one'.

That's awesome.

Edited by girl

well my father told me last night, "don't get your hopes up, but I may have tickets to the winnipeg show tonight."

cool, IF I go (i probably will) this will be my second Matt show it'll be more awesome than the last one.

and if I go (which I will definetly maybe do) I'll be wearing my Sid Vicious Kills Nancy shirt.

Wow. Matt Good in Winnipeg. Having seen him over 20 times since 1998, this was easily one of the best I have attended. He played a perfect balance of old and new. The crowd was really into it and Milo mentioned outside the venue that this was one of the best of the tour, the others being the second night in Toronto and the stop in Montreal. Matt was in a good mood despite having an ear infection. The guitarist is badass and he really adds new life to familiar materiel. The set list from memory(in no order):

Rabbits(opener)

Boy Who Could

What if I can't see the stars

Load me up

X-Rated

Nonpop

Shallow's

Apparitions

Born Losers

Weapon

Encore:

Giant

Alert Status Red

Set me on Fire

Matt was very polite and super nice at the meet and greet(which was very well organized). All in all a great night.

Here is a link to some photos of the show and after as well as some new merch.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daveparchaliuk/?saved=1

Looking at the setlists for his dates so far, I wish he'd play more stuff from Vancouver... I know he toured with that material last time, but it's such a good album (and songs are great live) that it makes me sad to see a setlist with only one or two Vancouver tracks on it...

Saskatoon show last night. It was a great show, but the crowd sucked, as usual. It was a standing-only show, but everyone just stood there.

Here's the setlist:

Last Parade

What if I can't see the stars, Mildred?

Zero Orchestra

Born Losers

Load Me Up

Future is X-Rated

Shallow's Low

Non Populus

Silent army in the trees

Apparitions

Weapon

Giant

Alert Status Red

Set me on fire

So a little disappointed in the lack of Rabbits, but glad that we got some "rare" gems from the tour, like Last Parade and Alert Status Red. The solo singles got great receptions, I was quite surprised. Of course Apparitions and Weapon got the biggest cheers, as expected.

Non populus was amazing. The ending is my favourite part of the whole CD, so the fact that they repeated it 2x the normal length was incredible.

My only complaint was with the meet and greet. It was so rushed and as soon as something was signed the organizers were pushing people out. And there were only about 15-20 of us there too. The only thing I have to compare it to was Our Lady Peace's meet and greet on their last tour. With them, 4 or 5 people were taken into a separate room and you got a picture with the band, some merch, and you got to chat for about 4-5 minutes. And there were 40-50 people per show, and they did 2 shows per city! So while I know Matt must have been tired from playing, I felt OLP took a lot more time to care for their fans, while with Matt it was very rushed, and I felt like I was an inconvenience. I took my friend's painting to be signed:

2LT29.jpg

Edited by RileyLewis
  • Upvote 1

Wow. Matt Good in Winnipeg. Having seen him over 20 times since 1998, this was easily one of the best I have attended. He played a perfect balance of old and new. The crowd was really into it and Milo mentioned outside the venue that this was one of the best of the tour, the others being the second night in Toronto and the stop in Montreal. Matt was in a good mood despite having an ear infection. The guitarist is badass and he really adds new life to familiar materiel. The set list from memory(in no order):

Rabbits(opener)

Boy Who Could

What if I can't see the stars

Load me up

X-Rated

Nonpop

Shallow's

Apparitions

Born Losers

Weapon

Encore:

Giant

Alert Status Red

Set me on Fire

Matt was very polite and super nice at the meet and greet(which was very well organized). All in all a great night.

Here is a link to some photos of the show and after as well as some new merch.

http://www.flickr.co...haliuk/?saved=1

i was there too....would you agree that the opening band was all sorts of unimpressive?

My only complaint was with the meet and greet. It was so rushed and as soon as something was signed the organizers were pushing people out. And there were only about 15-20 of us there too. The only thing I have to compare it to was Our Lady Peace's meet and greet on their last tour. With them, 4 or 5 people were taken into a separate room and you got a picture with the band, some merch, and you got to chat for about 4-5 minutes. And there were 40-50 people per show, and they did 2 shows per city! So while I know Matt must have been tired from playing, I felt OLP took a lot more time to care for their fans, while with Matt it was very rushed, and I felt like I was an inconvenience. I took my friend's painting to be signed:

I agree only somewhat. Went to the meet/greet in Ottawa. It went very fast, most people it was a handshake-hello/sign something/pic and then next person. So like 30 seconds to 1 min per person or something like that. BUT Matt and his people NEVER rushed us. Matt was friendly and seemed in a good mood. Only thing that one crew guy said was to get our signed items and cameras ready beforehand so the greet doesn't take 2 hours, but that's common sense.

A few people talked to Matt a little bit, asked him a question. I took the opportunity to talk to him a bit, moreso than most. Most people I think were just timid and polite (typical Ottawans) and didn't wish to intrude, so were all-business with him. The crew/Matt maybe could do better making people more relaxed I think, but I blame the people themselves for not taking the opportunity. NOBODY EVER told or implied any fan to hurry up with Matt.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

Yeah with us the crew was asking "are you guys done?" It seemed like they wanted to get out of there.

With OLP (again, the only comparison I have. maybe it's unfair and they went above and beyond compared to most, I don't know) the guys changed clothes/showered quick, and then in the room they had everyone stood around and chatted. It was a more relaxed setting. I think that might have something to do with it. It's a little weird having Matt sitting there with a line formed 10 feet away.

Again, my comparison might not be fair. However, I think if he does this again in the future I would say try to arrange it so it's a bit more relaxed. It's tough because he is tired, I am sure. But with OLP they played 2.5 hours themselves (full CD from front to back, then 15-18 additional songs in a second set). Maybe it was because it was a "special" tour (the whole full CD + full regular set) that they took the time, but they seemed to be more into it. Just advice (from a fan) for future iterations of the same idea!

i was there too....would you agree that the opening band was all sorts of unimpressive?

The opener sucked! And then when they played their last song, I realized it was a song they used to play on Power 97 that I hated so i thought it was funny. That said, the winnipeg show was, as always, fantastic!

Setlist from Calgary Night 1:

Lights of Endangered Species

Last Parade

Born Losers

Set Me On Fire

Shallows Low

What If I Can't See The Stars Mildred

Zero Orchestra

Load Me Up

Hello Time Bomb

Non Polulus

Apparitions

Weapon

Encore:

While We Were Hunting Rabbits (not written on the setlist. Looks like a last minute add on. I know this as I have the setlist)

Giant

Alert Status Red

• Upvote 1

Setlist from Calgary Night 2, order of songs may not be entirely correct.

While We Were Hunting Rabbits

Lights of Endangered Species

Boy Who Could Explode

Shallows Low

What If I Can't See The Stars Mildred

Born Losers

Zero Orchestra

X Rated

Load Me Up

Hello Time Bomb

Non Polulus

Weapon

Apparitions

Encore:

Giant

Hornets

Set Me On Fire

Re: Fri Nov 2011 Calgary Show

Dear Drunk, Passed Out Guy sitting in Orchestra Left Row O Seat 8,

Calgary Matthew Good fans care about you. Please seek professional help at Alcoholics Anonymous.

Thanks.

Anyone going to the red deer show tonight? Message me.

I'll be in red deer in an hour and if anyone interesting is going, I'll check it out. Haven't seen Matt good in years.

Shit! If I had only known!!!

was anyone else at the Red Deer show tonight that wanted to kick douchebag who lit the joint in the head???

Re: Fri Nov 2011 Calgary Show

Dear Drunk, Passed Out Guy sitting in Orchestra Left Row O Seat 8,

Calgary Matthew Good fans care about you. Please seek professional help at Alcoholics Anonymous.

Thanks.

I was unaware that being drunk at a nightclub was an indication of addiction.

Way to pass judgement.

Shit! If I had only known!!!

was anyone else at the Red Deer show tonight that wanted to kick douchebag who lit the joint in the head???

I didn't stick around. How was the show?

Yes alcohol addiction is indeed no laughing matter, but lighten up. Girl's comment was a less direct way of saying 'wtf this dude was unconscious at a matt good show!'

I was unaware that being drunk at a nightclub was an indication of addiction.

Way to pass judgement.

The Jack Singer wouldn't be considered a night club. Far from it. It's a pretty classy place, not like Mac Hall or Cowboys where you expect it to happen.

Whatever... A venue that serves alcohol and features live music after the sun goes down. Call it what you want.

...but lighten up.

This is pretty much what I was getting at with my initial comment.

lohan.jpg

He was sitting in his seat like this for the entire last half of the concert. HALF!!!! His friend couldn't even wake him up, even after the show. Instead, he was more occupied with trying to capture the perfect picture of him, or getting more beer (3 beers in hand each time). Something didn't smell right with those dudes. In fact, it smelled like a brewery around them. I don't mean to pass judgement, but if that doesn't spell alcoholic, I don't know what does.