Non Populus

Apparitions

Weapon

Running For Home

Giant

Time Bomb

Alert Status

Set Fire

Damn good show. Matt went all out and was in good spirits at the meet and greet. When Shay uploads pics I will post

It was a great show. As much as I would have preferred something like I'm A Window or Great Whales over HTB and LMU I still enjoy hearing those songs, especially with the enthusiasm that the band played with. Matt was great, Jimmy was solid and lots of fun to watch, Milos and Ian were great and Tony is phenomenal and is probably the only keyboard player that didn't look silly while grooving. They all looked like they were having a blast.

Matt was also in really good spirits for the meet and greet. Got the Vancouver and Species vinyl signed as well as A Pleasurable Headache. He even remembered playing Running For Home at the Calgary Stampede during sunset when I brought it up so that was cool.

Weird. I have a friend who went and got the setlist, and it had champions on there.

It wasn't played. I had my iPhone out and was noting the songs as they were played. Because I am a dork. I remember an acoustic show where Matt looked at his set during the encore and was all "I don't want to play that right now. " and played something else so it happens.

Saw my first Matt Good concert last night.

Was pretty good, does anyone have a set list?

Was rather hoping he'd play a couple more things acoustic and a couple more songs from Vancouver (Us remains impossible)

But I can't complain

I just wish I was a little older and got into him sooner so I could have seen him during his MGB days as his sound has obviously changed since then.

Maybe during his 20th anniversay tour he can bring back some stuff from Ghetto Astronauts >_>

Here's the set from Dec. 3rd at the Vogue

While we were hunting rabbits

The boy who could explode

What if I can't see the stars Mildred?

Zero orchestra

Born losers

It's been awhile since I was your man

Shallows low

Load me up

Hello time bomb

Future is x-rated

Non populus

Apparitions

Weapon

Lights of endangered species

-------------------------------------------

Giant

Champions of nothing

Hornets

How it goes

Set me on fire

Seemed like a lot less banter at the Vancouver shows than compared to normal, but Matt always puts on a good show. I'm definitely looking forward to the US tour.

Some of it depends on the venue- if it's a union place and they're on past a certain time, the employees get paid mad bucks, and it's also the last couple stops of the tour, so he wanted to go all out. Hell, when he played Massey Hall during the Hospital Music tour (which of course ended up being the Live album), that set was 20 or 22 songs or something compared to 14 to 16 for the rest of the tour.

I know Matthew Good is from Vancouver..

I think it's perfectly fine for his shows to be longer in his home town. I mean it's not like when he is on the road. He doesn't have to get packed up and start rolling to the next city, finding some time to sleep in the middle.

The hometown crowd is usually a better crowd from what I've seen, I went to 6 shows on this tour and Vancouver was the only one where the crowd stood the entire set, the only one where a crowd started the KICKASS chant before the encore and other than Victoria seemed to have the more respectful crowd with very few people constantly yelling song requests. Some of the other shows I was at people were just talking loudly throughout the LOES material and barely seemed to maintain a pulse during any song other than Load Me Up. So its not hard for me to imagine why he might be tempted to play a bit more at home, from the 13 shows I've seen, the 4 Vancouver shows were the best.

Here is something.. Is Matt Good from Coqulitlam or Burnaby? I've read he is from both places and of course at the Vogue he said Coqulitlam so yeah..

Here's the set from Dec. 3rd at the Vogue

While we were hunting rabbits

The boy who could explode

What if I can't see the stars Mildred?

Zero orchestra

Born losers

It's been awhile since I was your man

Shallows low

Load me up

Hello time bomb

Future is x-rated

Non populus

Apparitions

Weapon

Lights of endangered species

-------------------------------------------

Giant

Champions of nothing

Hornets

How it goes

Set me on fire

Seemed like a lot less banter at the Vancouver shows than compared to normal, but Matt always puts on a good show. I'm definitely looking forward to the US tour.

Yeah there was very little banter.

Hornets was a song I did not know.

Concerts are something I just love doing, so I don't mind breaking the bank on them, Matt Good is one of my favourite artists and his setlists vary which makes every show exciting, I mean, when he played "Running For Home" in Duncan, talk about surprised! I'm really excited for the acoustic tour as well, I'm hitting two of the shows in the States and hoping for a Canadian tour as well.