sockcrotch

Special Edition Audio Of Being

I was just down at a used&new record store when i came across a weird looking AoB record. I already knew there were three different colours: black, white and grey. But this one had like a cardboard? kind of case (you know the cases that old VHS taped had, where you just slip the tape out the bottom...only this case was CD sized) And the record case looked just the same as the black coloured AoB cover art but a bit thicker so I bought it (cause i didnt have the black one and the price was cheap so i thought why not.) And inside the first VHS style case was, first, the black coloured AoB, but also, a booklet full of ALL the lyrics of ALL matt's studio recorded albums (LPs and EPs).

Anyone else have this edition of AoB? And does anyone know how much it's worth (if it is rare)?

EDIT: also, in small writing on the booklet it says "a pleasurable headache?"

Edited by sockcrotch

i have silver and white. I only had $35 the day AoB came out, and the special-ed's were sold out once i raised enough money...

i've been scouring used shops for the black, to no avail...

But yeah, most MGB fans have the SpEd.. it was around for a week here before it was sold out. Seems to me that there were only 50 000 made...

I remember when I rented AoB from the library it came with "A pleasurable headache" and I read all the lyrics and I was supposed to return the CD with the book, but my mom took the CD and returned it and the booklet got lost in my house.

So I stole from the library and have nothing to show for it.

I remember when I rented AoB from the library it came with "A pleasurable headache" and I read all the lyrics and I was supposed to return the CD with the book, but my mom took the CD and returned it and the booklet got lost in my house.

So I stole from the library and have nothing to show for it.

Except the horrendous guilt that haunts you every day of your life right?

I have the special edition, all you had to do was buy it within the first few weeks it came out.

Seriously though people, why buy 3 of the same CD? Give me your money instead.

i actually had four copies at one point. now i merely have three. i bought the silver one, then lost the actual cd, so i bought a white one for $5, then i was sent the black one, and i bought the ltd. for a good price - it was silver, so i gave the other one away.

fin.

Edited by saturnine

Weren't they broken up at that point?

Nope, still together. It was the four of 'em at the signing. It was very shortly afterwards, I do believe, that the band officially broke up.

I have pictures to prove it ;)