Monkey

Cell Phones

I havre had a cell for most of my adult life and always though of it as one of the great inventions of our time. Recently my views have changed (this may relate to that fact that Telus is fucking me and has me in contract for another year). Do we need to be reached 24/7 or our cell phones killing those quiet times we like to sneek away without anyone knowing?

1: Contracts are evil.

2: Telus is evil.

3: All the other providers are also evil.

4: Cell phones can be turned off or made silent. Make good use of those features.

I finally got one during the summer. Telus pay-and-talk prepaid. It's a little expensive but extremely flexible.

Edited by Sparq

The thing I hate about cellphones is how some of my friends are so socially incompetent that whenever there's a lull in conversation they whip out the phone and start hitting random buttons to try to convince me a social life exists for them, when clearly, none does. Keep it in your pants, guys. Its f-ing annoying.

Edited by primetime_deliverance

My cellphone is my primary means of communication. I live in res, so my room phone can only dial local. Seeing as it is long distance to call any of my family, and some of my friends, having a cell is quite useful.

It is also fun to be able to waste time in class or at work text messaging my gf.

I have never had a cell phone.

Sure they come in handy, but it is really easy to manage without one.

It would be great if as a society we could just keep public conversations on the cell phone short and not abuse them. By which I mean, drive while chatting away on one...one time this guy was ordering fast food while talking on his cell phone. It was pretty damn rude in my opinion.

I only got one this summer because I go to school in Detroit but live in Canada and the cell phone people had a plan so I can call free to and from most of Michigan. It comes in handy because sometimes I need to call home from the States and I have to call friends from school so it is cheaper than having to pay long distance on my home phone.

4: Cell phones can be turned off or made silent. Make good use of those features.

I hate it when someone's phone goes off in class or whatever. ESPECIALLY when they think they're special and individual by having some gay piss-off ringtone.

95% of the time my phone is on vibrate only. The only time it makes a sound is if i'm at home and i put it on the table or whatever. And the only ringtone i use is a simple 'ring ring'. Who thought it would be a good idea who make a billion annoying songs available as shitty ringtones that just piss everyone off?

Mine is a Motorola V260.

During my psych midterm the other day, a cellphone went off. The teacher told the lecture class after this to shut off all electronic equipment (not that she hadn't said it before.) 5 minutes later THE SAME CELL PHONE RINGS AGAIN!! Idiots like this should be taken out back.

The vibrate feature kind of freaks me out to use in practice. I'm worried that i'll just happen to be talking with a girl on a random day, and suddenly my pants will start to vibrate.