Crusader

Sneak Peak Into The Tour

Matt was gracious enough to give us a little peak into his tour prep.

Enjoy and thanks Matt!

Being that this is the popular fan community on the web, I thought I 

would send along a little inside info about the upcoming tour to wet 

some appetites.

First the bad news. I

Holy crap, it's been two years? Happy belated NF!

haha funny message from matt. One question: for this tour is he just reinventing old songs and playing them solo/acoustic? I agree that songs like weapon and while we were hunting rabbits need that instrumental depth, but his acoustics are awesome for other songs.

...most noticeable being Sort Of A Protest Song...such as possibly Indestructible...

Wow, I never thought I would see the day that Indestructible made it back into the setlist. There is no doubt this tour will be amazing, but I am more excited about hearing the same songs done differently. Although the prospect of hearing rarely played songs is certainly interesting as well. Less than a week until I see it all play down in Edmonton!

I look forward to Sort of a Protest Song acoustically. I also look forward to the "flying by the seat of his pants" style tour. Unpredictable = good, in my opinion.

I hope he plays Fine Art in Edmonton. I have yet to hear that one live and very much wish to.

Thats pretty cool. Now I'm actually regretting not buying tickets. Oh well there's what, three people recording shows? I'm sure I'll live. Plus 30 bucks... thats nuts for an acoustic show.

30 bucks in fairly reasonable, it is matthew good. I'd have paid 50, unfortuneately I have no transportation to Vancouver, so those recordings better be damn good. I'm rather interested to see what he does with Indestructible.

Thats pretty cool. Now I'm actually regretting not buying tickets. Oh well there's what, three people recording shows? I'm sure I'll live. Plus 30 bucks... thats nuts for an acoustic show.

so $30 would be more reasonable to see 3 more band members even though you're really only paying to see one of them?

Holy crap, it's been two years? Happy belated NF!

haha funny message from matt. One question: for this tour is he just reinventing old songs and playing them solo/acoustic? I agree that songs like weapon and while we were hunting rabbits need that instrumental depth, but his acoustics are awesome for other songs.

That is surprising. Time goes by fast doesn't it.

so $30 would be more reasonable to see 3 more band members even though you're really only paying to see one of them?

No, considering I'm paying $13 to see Wintersleep with two other bands, I think that paying over twice that price to see one man with a guitar is a little rediculous. But I'm not saying that I wouldn't do it. I've seen him play three times and even though he could charge a lot less and still make as much profit on this tour, if I was able to get tickets I probably would have. Despite the price tag.

Its funny, I bet when he first did this tour ten years ago he charged around $5.

The rental for a venue can be pretty costly now a days. MG does still have $10 shows but they're in the Colleges/Unis.

The show at my Uni costed $30 ;)

Of course, like 7 of that was Ticketmaster fees.

lol Prometheon, I am also 19 in September but my show is all ages, I was so worried when i heard the show was coming before september but it worked out fine. I can't wait till next saturday, I would love to get a earky taste from some recordings.

I couldn't get tickets, as the shows were either 19+ (I'm 19 in september! goddamn it!) or too far away.

But I will kill for the recordings. I'm SO psyched for Fine Art, Fated, Sort of a Protest Song...

What irony. I'm 23 but my local show is all ages.