Guest jsunC

Dreams

That's probably true. But maybe there's also a correlation between the vividness and activeness of your dreasm and the amount of memory consolidation going on. I kind of view it as

a computer reboot, when the computer flips through all the memory.

If there's a correlation between dream vividness and the amount of memory consolidation going on, it would mean that people who learn a lot each day or have an active life have more vivid dreams than those who don't. That would be really interesting to investigate.

As for my most recent dream... I dreamt I was in a store and my mom was really pissed at me, almost hateful. I rushed around the store picking things up (they were very detailed, such as lime-coloured Nikes). She bought me everything (worth thousands of dollars) despite her madness.

Edited by decomposinglight

I dreamed that I was visiting France and I decided to go to Barcelona and the only way to get into the city was to drive your car down a rollercoaster but my Mom was with me and she was too scared to go down it so we didn't. She flew back to Canada and I went to Amsterdam and then had to fly home to start my new job.

I haven't slept well in about a week, restless sleep is how I'd describe it.

I usually don't dream by last night was a very vivid one: Me and my girlfriend were at a family event and some other guy was there, she ended up breaking it off with me and started a relationship with her leaving me to try and stay calm and collected while she kept telling the other guy that it's ok that our previous relationship is done and that I'm ok with it. Needless to say I wasn't ok with it but I wasn't saying anything to the contrary.

Definitely not a good dream.

I don't think it is going to happen at a family event my friend, i think it is going to happen in Europe. So to prevent this from happening, I think you should bring your favorite room-mate to Europe with you instead, and keep in mind that Josh doesn't count because he doesnt pay rent, and well, he went to Cuba and Mexico without you, and greg doesnt count because he didnt clean the bathroom this weekend.

I don't think it is going to happen at a family event my friend, i think it is going to happen in Europe.  So to prevent this from happening, I think you should bring your favorite room-mate to Europe with you instead, and keep in mind that Josh doesn't count because he doesn't pay rent, and well, he went to Cuba and Mexico without you, and Greg doesn't count because he didn't clean the bathroom this weekend.

Hey hey, I'm a roommate, I don't pay rent true... but I sleep in the living room, when I am there.. so cut me some slack.. ;)

And I would have loved to have taken you guys to Mexico or Cuba, but when it's your rents flipping the bill you just nod your head and say thanks mom and dad and enjoy the all you can drink booze for a week

Like I've been saying we should plan a trip.. and not take Greg, cause hospitals might try and steal his organs, when he wants to be admitted.

Edited by jtb

and greg doesnt count because he didnt clean the bathroom this weekend.

Doubtful that me and the gf are going to break up anytime soon.

I cleaned the tub this morning, he can clean the damned toillet since I wiped it down during last week.

Maybe we should bring Greg ;)

just because your not breaking up any time soon doesn't mean you can bring me to Europe with you. cause you know i will be a lot more fun, and i wont bitch a single time. and well, i got the whole "like to have sex with a female" part covered, i will buy you a hooker in every country.

I had a dream that John McCain was teaching me college biology. My lab group and I thought we could use a video I previously made for high school biology as our assigned project (this is a real video; if you want to laugh at really dumb acting go here,

, and here,
for part 2). What we didn't know was that McCain said the video had to be 2 minutes. My old video was about 19. We asked for more time and he said ok, but only if we took him out for squid tempura and other delicacies. I paid for it all and we got time to make a new video. The meal was outside (kind of like the UnBirthday Party in Alice in Wonderland) and had those rectangular metal serving pots like they have at potlucks. The waitresses were all Asians wearing maid outfits. We made the new video afterwards. All was well and McCain gave us an A. He sat on a throne outside of a haunted house as the dream came to a close.

Really? Didn't see anything about it when I looked it up online. Interesing, can't really think why I dreamt it.

I dunno if it's commonly accepted, but I learned it in AP psych and my prof was in Mensa.. I was given a bunch of dream symbols and their meanings. Pretty interesting stuff.

I found these online: http://www.dreammoods.com/cgibin/teethdrea...arch=teethintro

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art10573.asp

http://www.mythsdreamssymbols.com/dsteeth.html

http://predictions.astrology.com/dd/teeth.html

Basically I looked up "teeth dreams" in google.

Of course it's all just speculation. But these dreams can be very unnerving. Especially if you look in the mirror in the dream and see messed up teeth/missing teeth but your real life body can FEEL your normal whole teeth. o.O

I keep dreaming about going into a pet store and buying fish. Last night I had a variation - I dreamt I bought a bird. I am curious to know what they may mean, so I'm checking out those links.

Oh, and I was pregnant in a dream the other night. It was actually kind of fun. My family was upset with me, but I felt good about it.

I had a dream that some kind of bomb exploded near the Norfolk ports, and a war destroyed most of the rest of the U.S. People in the ports were isolated, but a disturbance from the bombardments caused small islands to rise in the Chesapeake Bay and out into the Atlantic. Fortunately, they were not volcanic like Tristan de Cunha, or we'd have another disaster on our hands.

Anyway, people lived on these mounds (all connected by wooden bridges), and we were all lead by a gay guy that looked like Tobias Funke from Arrested Development. There were always gay parties at night and even sex with llamas and little bugs that looked like that speedy one from the Rescuers. Some black chick kept wanting to sleep with me; it was weird because she was on the verge of stalking me and I wasn't attracted to her fatness in the slightest.

One day, I got fed up with the nonsense of this "civilization." I decided there had to be more people that this Tobias figure wasn't telling us about. So after our breakfast (everyone had it together; I'm sure it had brainwashing drugs in it), I set off in my investigator's clothes as far as the bridges and mounds would take me into the ocean. I went very far, and eventually I saw what looked like a civilization on the sea with skyscrapers and cars and everything.

I went there and I found my love, who looked like Sam from Battlestar Galactica. He told me that this civilization branched out from the British and other European coasts to gather refugees from the United States. It was actually built atop a boat, and for some reason it was very rainy and drab like the city in Blade Runner, just without all the flashing signs. In any case, I was to take the news back to the others, so I climbed ladders and jumped through holes (wooo platformer.. ugh), aided by a Nicole Kidman figure.

As I reached the border of the ship civilization, my dream ended.

My step dad was reading a volume of Edgar Allen Poe's poems, and writing retorts to them in small rectangular boxes under each one, cutting them out by pressing his pencil hard against the paper. My mom and I were making fun of him, saying that he was staying within the boxes, which signifies an uncreative mind. He said he was responding because Poe took each and every theme and somehow made it "happy."

He was turning pages and got to "The Raven," and was about to skip it because of it's length, and my mom and I freaked out, because it's one of Poe's best and most famous, and we made him read it.

Hugh Laurie was Iron Man in a dream a little while ago, it was one awesome dream.

Just like in Conan O'Brien's entrance to the Grammy's or whatever awards it was, he kept saying "Ohh, put a feather in your hat!" to people with the mask down in his Iron Man suite.