Prometheon

The Random Fact Thread!

Megs: I find that very admirable, I'm also just a casual drinker...albeit I can drink when I feel like it. I never noticed you call me J before...meh never really mattered anyway, just an observation.

Cheers to the start of your drinking life!

EDIT: OTP:Actually it's kind of a greenish colour...just make sure you pour it right, read the directions on the back. Since it's a heavy beer it'll taste like ass if you don't do it right...fuck it I'm havin another.

Edited by Azalroth

You guys all need to drink McEwan's, because it's the coolest beer around. That includes you, Meg, even if you are already too cool for words. ;) Haha, in sarcastic response to your conceitedness.

But you are pretty cool. You're still MY favorite forum girl, if it means anything.

And you only wanted to make out with your brother's friend because he wanted to be introduced to you. :angry: Admit it! You love the attention.

I think this thread deserves some reviving and a second shot at life.

Black-tipped hanging fly males provide edible gifts to females in order to be considered as mates. She will only mate for as long as it takes to eat the food item, and males require about 5 minutes for successful sperm transfer, so if their gift is too small, they are unsuccessful.

I think this thread deserves some reviving and a second shot at life.

Black-tipped hanging fly males provide edible gifts to females in order to be considered as mates. She will only mate for as long as it takes to eat the food item, and males require about 5 minutes for successful sperm transfer, so if their gift is too small, they are unsuccessful.

that's kinda romantic.

Hahaha I love this course. Another cool fact. This one is paraphrased from my notes, to omit some of the boring anatomical shit:

Male crabs have sperm that solidifies in the female's vaginal opening, preventing her from being fertilized by other males. However, males don't mate-guard for the female's entire vulnerability period, and will leave if they are unsuccessful at mating. Females have evolved a "fake vagina" so that after their first successful mate has abandoned them, they can trick another male into guarding them by having him use a fake (and not sperm-plugged) vagina, thereby making him think he has mated with her sucessfully.

Edited by Prometheon

Did you know that the key to the perfect quiche is in the cream or Milk? most recipes call for the basic 4 eggs and 2 cups of milk or cream. cut out a half cup and you get a better cooked, more consistant quiche. You don't want it so much heavy or thick as you want it to hold together well, without diluting your spices and fillings flavor.

Hydrogen bombs are three-stage weapons which involve a fission trigger which is just a small atomic bomb (sometimes boosted with a tritium core), followed by fusion of tritium and deuterium from a lithium deuteride core, and finally another fission detonation of a depleted uranium shell, made possible by the energy of the second-stage fusion reaction.