mself084

Cold Remedies Thread

I'm sick. I think it's just a cold, but I'm tired and stuffed up...

So I was thinking we could get a thread going for cures to the common cold, or flu, or whatever. Basically, what do you do when you get sick in order to get better?

I need some ideas. Drinking a ton of water isn't helping right now

I live on a diet which consists mostly of chemicals. I am by no means healthy. And yet, I am almost never seriously sick. So either my immune system is the one part of my DNA I didn't get screwed on, or I have managed to turn myself into a toxic, synthetic cocktail unsuitable for microbial life.

start taking echenacea (sp?) as soon as you feel one coming on. and vitamin c.

Unless you're a woman on birth control who prefers not to use condoms and doesn't want babies. Echenacea can mess with the effectiveness of the pill. Message to the ladies of the board: stay away from that shit.

Take a glass of wine and pour it over hot pasta. Eat. The alcohol clears your sinuses up pretty damn well.

Or if you don't have much time, just microwave a glass of wine. But it tastes like warm sugar-free grape juice.

I'm also quite fond of NyQuild as of late.

P.S. Taking Vitamin C while you're sick to get better is pure bullshit.

orange juice a plenty. tea with lemon helps the throat out. tea in general just makes you feel better. soups are good but i find that if you're drinking lots of tea then it doesnt do that much more. mix it up between the two and you'll be good. get plenty of sleep. sleep is key. cough syrup is good too. i dont recommend the stuff that knocks you out. just because you have a cold doesnt mean you have to be a vegetable. i use benelyn or however you spell it. tastes gross but does the job quite well.

Getting off usually clears the sinuses too but you didn't hear that from me.

Is it bad that I was going to suggest this? Or more preferably, sex.

Anyways, I rarely get all that sick, but when I do, it's a steady diet of NeoCitran, tea, and NyQuil. My god I love NyQuil.