Guest Prosis

Important Question

Laptop: Mac or PC  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Laptop: Mac or PC

• Mac
    • PC

i'd buy pc and load it with linux. if i needed windows for anything (which i don't), i'd dual boot.

I can still do that with a Mac though with boot camp

i'd buy pc and load it with linux. if i needed windows for anything (which i don't), i'd dual boot.

I can still do that with a Mac though with boot camp

there's two ways to do it with a mac. boot camp is apple's solution, and there's a third party program too. one of them allows you to switch back and forth on the fly. i don't remember the name of the third party one, though. you'll pay out your ass for a mac, so i'd consider whether it really had anything to offer you for the extra money before i bought one.

mmm good thinking...if I'd have that BootCamp replacement that would be awesome...

Well with the business I'm starting I'll be making websites so, for testing on all three would be excellent. Plus, design is better on a Mac, and I'm a musician so I would have GarageBand...those are the main reasons why I'm considering a Mac really

When pricing my laptop I was gonna go PC thinking it would be cheaper but to do recording and shit on and getting something that will still compete in a few years, I found macs were priced better for what I wanted/needed as I will be using this for school in a year or so.

I had never used a mac before and I picked up on it very quickly (they're really not that hard to get used to) however you may find some software that you really liked that just won't be available to you anymore (although you can get programs to run windows on mac so that's not a huge obstacle).

I definitely don't regret my purchase, and after the warranty and everything I added to it my laptop ran me at almost exactly $5000.

I mainly found that not many PC's were really put together well. THey were all catered to one specific purpose and didn't take into consideration multiple factors (ie most PC's I saw that had what I wanted in processing power, etc had shit battery life) so you'd have a machine that is great with certain areas but really lacking in others. My mac is pretty strong all around.