sodamntired

Worst Job You Ever Had?

We need some discussion going on. So I came up with this.

What is the worst job you ever had? Which is worse, having a job you hate, or having no job at all? I ask because I am going on 2 months unemployed, having quit a job I absolutely hated, calling up for donations for John Mccain. ugh. ok, your turn(s). What do you got?

^Srsly? John McCain? Did you have a gun to you head to do that job?

Anywho, the worst job I've ever had was working at 7-Eleven.

Another bad one was working landscaping with a crook for a few days. Probably would've been a lot better if it was with someone less psychotic.

my worst job was working for shoppers drug mart, mainly because the location sucked and there was rarely anyone in the store. i was almost always bored to the point that i wanted to go to sleep. being a business owner, clearly i believe that having no job is better than having one you hate.

^Srsly? John McCain? Did you have a gun to you head to do that job?

the pay was very good....but...i have moral standards, and I didn't feel like lowering them to do that job. srsly, if someone I called said they couldn't donate because their wife had cancer, they wanted me to spin it, and keep asking for money. WTF?

I worked in a corn field. Picking corn. Off of corn stalks. Long, early and wet hours of bending and lifting. Though I did get to drive a tractor, which was awesome. Plus, all the free corn I could eat. Raw corn; surprisingly tasty.

My one and only job's working behind the bar at my local. It's just a daft one like, to give me a bit of coinage while I'm at uni. I usually only work 10 hours a week.

Still, it's a bit soul destroying. The boss is a fucking div and it's usually pretty hectic, and I don't like conversing with plastered tossers at the best of times.

I'm just a fucking lazy cunt, really.

I worked at tim horton's when I was 13 because my brother worked there, and I wasn't old enough to be on the counter so I did things like mop, bus, dishes, and a whole bunch of other shit that 13 years olds don't want to do

Guest apsham

Call center, for sure... call center. By the end of the third week I just didn't give a shit anymore and was answering calls with my legs up on the desk, eating a plate of riblets and potatoes.

I worked at an extremely ghetto Custom furniture place owned by this Persian family in Steveston. So ghetto.

I hate to sound racist, but the way they ran their company really put me off. I thought maybe it was just that specific family, but a Persian friend of mine said that's just how it is. Bleh :S

Also kind of shitty, working at a "Holistic" Pet Foods store, and having your manager tell you to hock the more expensive food, even if it wasn't the best choice for the pet. Also having an owner of the store who doesn't even own any pets, nor know anything about pets or pet foods.

Fuck that shit. All the customers loved me, because I kept it real haha

Call center, for sure... call center. By the end of the third week I just didn't give a shit anymore and was answering calls with my legs up on the desk, eating a plate of riblets and potatoes.

People thought I wouldn't last three weeks at my call center. I've been there three years now. Not the worst job I ever had, but it ranks up there.

No, the worst job I had was working at this store in our mall that sells pictures and gift ware. The moron (who was across between the Penguin, Jabba the Hutt and Frodo and initially questioned my height in relation to my possible job performance) which meant no breaks, but that was OK because our lunches were paid. What took the cake at the place as being the absolute worst business ever run in the history of capitalism was how the owner took care of two robberies that occurred in the store. The first happened while I was working. A customer came in and bought something with a $100 bill and eventually got the $100 bill back in his hand. The same scam was repeated in six other stores in the mall, all the other stores took the $100 loss and claimed it as insurance. I had to pay back mine because the security cameras caught me unknowingly giving the guy back the bill. The second was an actual break and enter where someone swiped the float in the middle of the night. I don't know whether or not if she quit after or if she was fired, but I'm pretty sure the girl who worked the night before was going to be forced to pay the lost $250 float back. She should have deposited the money the day before...even though was really fucking busy the night before, and it was day one of a freak snowstorm at the end of April.

(Of course, the rather sucky footnote to the break and enter: I was the one who had to deal with the whole mess because I had to work the morning after...which just happened to be a Sunday...which also just happened to be day two of that freak snowstorm...and my birthday.)

OK, I'm done bitching for the time being. ;)

When I was 16, I got bored working in the family restaurant, and working at McDs...so I tried my hand at an Environmental justice gig. Going door to door, and trying to get people to sign up, and donate...

Lesson learned: Being black and going door to door asking for money in affluent neighborhoods, is a good way to meet cops. I quit after 4 days.

When I was 16, I got bored working in the family restaurant, and working at McDs...so I tried my hand at an Environmental justice gig. Going door to door, and trying to get people to sign up, and donate...

Lesson learned: Being black and going door to door asking for money in affluent neighborhoods, is a good way to meet cops. I quit after 4 days.

Obviously I cannot empathize with you there. But I always have been under the asumption that being black and having anything to do with money, education, or anything that has been historically geared towards "whites" is kind of suspicious to not only cops but people in general.

And the worst job for me? Really, I don't have much to choose from and all made me feel like shit in one way or another. Having a visual impairement and finding a job that involves labor is hard enough around here, but what makes it harder is that when you do, they assume that you are incapable of doing simple tasks that I would have to adapt to in different ways. Of course around here that is also a complex notion. You know, that people have to think different.

If anybody thinks that small towns are ideal, trust me, they are not. If you have anything different about you, you reall find it hard to survive.

We have a few people of different eithnicities but most of them seem less noted than those of us who are "white". And those kids who get treated differently because of a disability? Well being treated differently is not as in getting ecent educational help, the school puts all the money in sports. No, I have seen a lot of kids get treated like crap or in a manner that digusts me because of how ignorant it is when it comes to the issues of the person. Yeah, I live in a small town, where the people aren't that much smarter than ones we refer to as retards yet they are so much higher then them.

How this got from what the worst job I have had to this is hard to comprehend for some, but for those of you who have had issues like this, you know what I mean. Qualifications don't matter. it is how much the person likes what you seem to be based on some corrupt observation.

running this website ;)

ba-dum-bum.

i have only worked in food service, and only ever had two jobs. i'd say the worst of the two was mcdonalds, just because i hate people and it made me hate people even more. particularly, hungry, gluttonous ones who couldnt understand why their order of 5 mc chicken sandwiches wasn't being made "fast enough."

it was my first job though and it taught me a lot, so i don't hate all of it... but i'd never go back.

I've had a fair amount of jobs, but the worst was likely the first: working the deli counter at a local grocery store. I lasted two shifts due to the mindnumbing boredom.

On call centres: I worked for my university's "research department" and what I did was cold-call households and get them to take surveys about random things people payed us to find out about (anything from their views on gambling in society to their stance on gated communities.)

The point is this: If you call anyone who is not expecting you and ask for time, money, or both, the vast vast majority is going to hate you. I realized this and actually really enjoyed that job. You need to let the assholes roll off of your back, and then take solace in the fact that once you finish 2 or 3 surveys, it's usually time for a break, then you do a few more and are done for the day, having made a cool 60 bucks in 4 hours. On the weekends it was amplified, and a lot of people wouldn't be home, so you'd just be hanging out dialing answering machines.

I just placed a guy in the worst job ever. Executive Director of a 300 person department that is going to restructure down to 180. I've done this sort of thing before, and it never goes well...but he's getting 167k to do it. His first round of clippings is in two weeks... so his first one on one's with some of these people will be his second to last one on one's with them. I advised him to mix in people he won't be letting go, in this first round of one on ones... it'll soften his image, and take some of the anxiety off of the concept of a meeting with him.

Can you say job title equals "Grim Reaper"?

I've only worked two jobs- once was a cashier/supervisor at a grocery store, and the job I work now, as a 411/0/relay operator.

I'd have to say this job is the worse of the two. Lots of internal strife within the department and the way some things are going, and the job itself is mindnumbing, boring, repetitive and at times, very very thankless. If there weren't good oppurtunities to move forward in the company, I'd probably be gone by now.