AnOceanPearl

New Demo Up On The Mblog

Mmm, I missed these and I'm kinda glad because I really, really have to try harder to not listen to demos and just wait for the album. It was so much more exciting when I heard the songs on Vancouver that I really didn't know compared to the ones I had listened to a bunch of times...

Mmm, I missed these and I'm kinda glad because I really, really have to try harder to not listen to demos and just wait for the album. It was so much more exciting when I heard the songs on Vancouver that I really didn't know compared to the ones I had listened to a bunch of times...

Yeah, you're right, I gotta try not listening to all the demos but they're just so tempting. I would like these two to be the only ones I listen to though, it's a good taster, but this taster also has me really curious to hear more. These are really nice to hear, especially I Once Saw a Magician Cut You in Half (damn that's quite the title, but I like it). It's refreshing and I love the sound. The guitar sounds so nice in it and I love the vibe. I kind of like his vocals being in the background. It would make a good instrumental.

As someone else said, if this is all done on GarageBand then damn he is getting awesome at it. It's amazing that this could almost go on record already and all the different instrument sounds come from a computer program. They sound surprisingly real and good.

P.S. I thought he wasn't going to post demos anymore?

P.S. 2 Really cool that he's already writing new music.

Get 60+ posts and gain access to the NF Lounge, or maybe request access?

For me Set Me On Fire has echoes of Empty's Theme Park performed live in it, and the piano is great to hear too. As for I Once Saw... I like but need to listen more. Or not at all, I could probably do with no demos for the next album.

Yup, I was gonna say the same thing about the similarity to Empty's Theme Park live.

I One Saw sort of reminds me of "California Love", and yes, I am super cereal.

Can anyone email me/pm download links? I hate being that guy, but I've been a member since 2004, and made about 28 posts (thank you user stats). So Lounge membership is likely out of the question...

It's not because I'm not here often. I just don't have much of value to add. I'm a quiet, lurky type of guy.

Edited by forget_about_your_soft_spot

I kinda figured the same thing. But I don't want to push the issue or anything. I was without computer for a fair chunk of time since joining as well...

*Shrugs*

Oh well. Can't blame a guy for trying.

As for being a fan... saw MG 3 times on the acoustic tour. 3 times on the Hospital Music tour. And twice on the Vancouver tour (other obligations on the third convenient date). I suppose that would qualify me as, at the least, a decently dedicated fan.

You know, you guys could have all easily got access but you got greedy and used your NF$ to download shit so stop complaining. I gave all the 05's like 200NF$, it only costs 100NF$ or so for lounge access and it even says you can buy lounge access right on top of the NF Store.

Also VTSV had enough to join the lounge for ages, read things through a bit before you start complaining/begging for access! Same with Rodgerson, buy your own access with your NF$, I'm not going to bump up anyone else anymore if they spent their NF$ or have enough to do it themselves.