gursky

2017 Tour: Beautiful Midnight Revisited

12? That is really intimate. I wonder why the number was so low.

Yeah. It was awesome (for me, not so much for money I guess). And actually a few people were also there from Ottawa too. not sure why the number was so low. The show was weird for attendance too; a lot of very young Scott Halman fans came, who cleared out when he was done.

I love Corona Theatre. Such a nice venue. Saw him there for the Arrows tour too.

That's great, although I don't know if I like the idea of standing the whole show.  I'm glad he switched to this venue if it has better sounds.

It definitely sounds better.  The owners of LMH sunk a couple million dollars into renovating it two or three years ago.  It's nice because you're pretty close to him no matter where you are.  For both Matt's last show there and Brian Fallon, we were able to get within maybe 10 feet from the stage.  The only real problem is that you can't really leave your sweet spot once you get it.

The problem with seated venues is the dilemma to sit or stand.  You get yelled at either way, whether you choose to sit or stand.  

The problem with seated venues is the dilemma to sit or stand.  You get yelled at either way, whether you choose to sit or stand.  

Haha yeah, bang on man, no matter what you do apparently you are ruining someone elses night.  I'm the kinda guy who likes to be respectful, but also thinks standing at a concert is better.  It literally makes the show more enjoyable for me because you can dance, sway or at least move around a bit.  It seems to add a little extra energy to the gig.  Recently I got yelled at at a hockey game for standing...During a Penalty Shot...In Overtime!  I mean, if you can't stand for that, what the hell can you stand for.  

I can appreciate certain people are physically unable to stand through a performance, but I dont understand why they don't choose different seats then.  Most venues have seats for people with disabilities, rarely anyone in the balconys ever stand and aisle seats on the floor will usually offer unhindered views.  What I don't understand is who goes to a show. Decides to sit fourth row center and taps the person in front of them all night long telling them "I didn't pay $50 bucks to stare at some dudes ass"  Well I didn't pay the exact same price to be hassled for enjoying myself.  If you personally have a problem with people standing there are easily alternatives to still give you a great view of the show and not have to deal with it.  That's self importance for ya.  One person has a problem so 300 must sit.  Unbelievable.  Sorry for the rant, but this is a serious issue for me.  I love standing at shows and dancing and I cant stand it when someone wants it treated like an opera.  It's Rock and Roll for god sakes.  Matt frequently is telling the crowd to get up, so I know as an artist he enjoys the energy feedback from a crowd on their feet.  It's become such an issue I simply dont stand anymore, as much as I want to take a stand, its just not worth being hassled for two hours.  

Also wanted to add that I will never ever look down on someone for choosing to sit.  Its certainly in their right to do so.  Im not one of those guys yelling all night long "get Up" Each person should be able to do as they please.  

I will say this though.  Thank god for the shows at the Commodore this tour, no problems to be had.  Everyone on their feet, expect an energetic and enthusiastic crowd.  

Edited by adam_777
  • Upvote 1

I'm really excited for this tour. I'm excited to see how these songs come together live all these years after.

I'm also a bit surprised at all the pushback and problems people seem to be having with the VIP, only because I remember everyone going crazy with positivity when the idea of a front to back album tour with all the perks was suggested on here.

I'm going to skip VIP this time, just because I already have so much signed stuff, and even more memories of meeting matt, seeing other live shows, etc. But it does sound like a really solid VIP experience, and the picture is a nice addition to last year's which was already pretty good. The soundcheck alone is amazing. Getting to be closeup and watch them run through full songs with hardly anybody in the venue is a treat. Seeing all the imperfections get treated on the spot was really interesting to me, since I'm a bit of a gear nerd.

How would you get the password for the other sales?

the email I got from LiveNation (this is for London, Hamilton, Toronto, Ottawa) says the password is SETLIST.

Currently on the phone exchanging my 4th row ticket, for a front row ticket released today! :D

Very Curious as to how the set will be. Will it be BM and greatest hits or will some new songs be thrown in? I would love to hear Bad Guys Win live.

Matt mentioned on here that the main set will be BM in it's entirety, in sequence. The encore will be non-BM tracks, I would assume there will be 3 songs, maybe 4 max? I would very surprised to see any new songs played, but you never know I guess. I'm hoping the encore changes up from night to night. It will be interesting to see if something like Apparitions is still played every night or not. I'm sure the band will need time to practice all the BM songs though, so maybe they won't have time to practice much else? I would suspect you'll see more songs come out of the woodwork in the latter half of the tour. Edited by Curtster

Matt mentioned on here that the main set will be BM in it's entirety, in sequence. The encore will be non-BM tracks, I would assume there will be 3 songs, maybe 4 max? I would very surprised to see any new songs played, but you never know I guess. I'm hoping the encore changes up from night to night. It will be interesting to see if something like Apparitions is still played every night or not. I'm sure the band will need time to practice all the BM songs though, so maybe they won't have time to practice much else? I would suspect you'll see more songs come out of the woodwork in the latter half of the tour.

I hope Guns of Carolina gets revived in the encores.

Guest Idioteque

You'll likely get the hits for the encores. Born Losers, Apparitions etc.

Probably rare songs (hopefully) for VIP, there shouldn't be any reason Alert Status Red gets played lol.

I wonder if they will just keep picking songs until they find one they know, which defeats the purpose of "If your song choice is picked they'll play it".

Best to have a playlist of songs the band knows & have VIP goers pick from there. Then you can have a majority vote towards certain songs they all want to hear.

It'd be neat if they went with era-appropriate tracks too if they're going full nostalgia bent but I get that would be asking a LOT. It already seems like they have their hands full with learning an album's worth of material. 

Also for those salivating at the thought of hearing BM stuff, here's a recent-ish video upload.

Edited by eclipse
  • Upvote 1

I need help ASAP! The Enoch(Edmonton) pre-sale password is NOT midnight or NEWWAVE or SETLIST!

Does anyone know what it would be? 

ALL the front-row seats are selling out! WTF! How can other people be buying it, the official site says the code is midnight! But it's not working!

Fuck!

Edited by RileyLewis

Someone has the code because dozens of seats have already sold!

This is ridiculous. I have to travel 8 hours to see this show because the Saskatoon show doesn't have appropriate seating for my gf who has MS. So I need to get front-row so that she can sit when she needs to (can't stand for the whole show). If I can't get good seats, then the show will likely be ruined as there will be nowhere for us to sit and see. I am livid.

Why would the code be different, and how are people still buying if it is!?

Edited by RileyLewis

I'm having the same problem for Edmonton. When I first jumped on, there were front row tickets available, so I was like, "perfect!" However, they're all getting hoovered up by whoever has the working password. This totally sucks.

Plus, I called Ticketmaster to see if I could order over the phone, I waited on their automated call line and got disconnected.

It wouldn't surprise me that ticketmaster or the venue have messed with it in order to get good seats and then resell them for higher amounts. I hate the Canadian concert system. It's like when The Tragically Hip sold tickets, and less than 20% of tickets to the shows were actually sold to people on the actual ticketing site, the rest were scalped or "re-sold" by ticketmaster.

Edited by RileyLewis