Crusader

Summer 2017 shows

I wonder if the crowd is going to dance in front of stage at the CedarCreek Winery show like this:

https://web.stagram.com/p/BW146H6j_gl

https://www.instagram.com/p/BW3NMGaFafw/?taken-by=wahdoing

This was at the Philosopher Kings sunset concert last Friday.

The ladies are wearing pretty sundresses, and people look like they're having a great time. It looks like fun times ahead. Can't  wait until the 12th.

Edited by girl

I hope people dance up a storm and let loose in front of the stage on August 12 like this lady in the white jumpsuit:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BXD4xdSg60j/?taken-by=cedarcreekwine

It looks like she's having a hell of a good time  :D

or maybe it's the wine.

Either way, it's good times all around.

ok, I'm done.

Edited by girl

Acoustic  My Out Of Style to be played in Kelowna. Hope someone tapes this rarity!!

This is it folks, this is the pinnacle of my wishlist right here.  This song remains near the top of my favorite songs over MG's career.  I heard the song live once at Edgefest '98 and I thought it was lost to the ages.  I'm super jealous for those that will be in Kelowna (girl!) but also excited to know that this can be played again.

This is it folks, this is the pinnacle of my wishlist right here.  This song remains near the top of my favorite songs over MG's career.  I heard the song live once at Edgefest '98 and I thought it was lost to the ages.  I'm super jealous for those that will be in Kelowna (girl!) but also excited to know that this can be played again.

You heard it in '98? You're lucky. I've never heard it live before.  I have a feeling there is going to be a vast difference between the two versions, the '98 version and now. I love how he packs a punch singing 'Some days' in the first two verses of My Out Of Style is Coming Back. Frankly, it's the best part of the song. I can't wait to hear the first few verses of that song. I wonder if it will be a much more softer, subdued and laid-back beginning. His voice sure hits a high note during 'Some days' on the album version.

I'll try not to let you down, gursky. Practice make perfect.

Edited by girl

Guest Idioteque

Is this a one off show or could this possibly be like him opening for Midnight Oil across Canada? Venues usually drop the ball when it comes to keep information secret. So unless Matt wasn't the intentional opener, there could be a bigger announcement coming up.

I notice today it says 'tba' where it listed mg previously. Living in the syracuse area I was on the fence about this show vs. waterloo.

He's still listed under the "additional information tab". I'd really like to know though so I could buy tickets or not. But I only see vip available at the moment and I'm not dropping that much on a show he's not headlining.

ETA There is also an event listed for oct 20 on the mg app, I just noticed...

Another ETA it is listed as the wrong city but could be an oversight.

And finally - I bought tickets anyways. I haven't seen OLP since I was like 15!

Edited by mackie1023

Guest Idioteque

I've always wanted to see OLP but Raine's singing makes all the classic hits unlistenable live now. He's lowered his octave to the point where it sounds like a country singer is covering their work, bordering as low as Johnny Cash at times.

I've always wanted to see OLP but Raine's singing makes all the classic hits unlistenable live now. He's lowered his octave to the point where it sounds like a country singer is covering their work, bordering as low as Johnny Cash at times.

And unfortunately he still sings off key a lot. It's a shame. That may be what would have happened had Matt not changed his style. Singers who scream a lot end up not being able to sing properly. Liam Gallagher also comes to mind. 

Also, I haven't seen any live clips with their new drummer but Jeremy was one of the key elements to OLP (or even Mike for that matter). I'm skeptical.

Edited by Tips

And unfortunately he still sings off key a lot. It's a shame. That may be what would have happened had Matt not changed his style. Singers who scream a lot end up not being able to sing properly. Liam Gallagher also comes to mind. 

Also, I haven't seen any live clips with their new drummer but Jeremy was one of the key elements to OLP (or even Mike for that matter). I'm skeptical.

I saw OLP live for the first time last year, and I thought they played well, and Raine's voice was pretty good for the most part (didn't think he sang too low, and only went off key a couple of times as far as I could tell).

That being said, I have heard a lot of their live material, and its been very hit and miss, especially Raine's vocals (even as far back as their gravity album).... so my experience may very well be an anomaly, who knows

full disclosure: I was a huge fan back in the day, and we had wicked seats so my opinion may not be completely objective

• Upvote 1

on Matt's Twitter:

Who wants me to have a giant black board on stage in Kelowna to go through the actual realities of the North Korean situation?

I do!!  I do!!!  The more stick figures and hand drawn images, the better. 

on his Instagram:

So who all got tickets for Kelowna next week? I'm thinking I might need a "wine caddy", you know, how girls walk around boxing rings in between rounds - but for wine.

I love the "wine caddy" idea! 

At the start of August, I was overjoyed to get an email saying Matthew Good was coming to NY (Finally! I've been waiting so long, and he is one of my most-wanted-to-see artists!). I immediately got tickets, unfortunately didn't bother to doublecheck his website. 

After eventually noticing it wasn't listed on the tour page, I emailed Jenn Pressey to see what was up... all she had to say was that it was "printed in error". Called the venue, they insisted he would be coming. A couple days later, after several more unanswered questions to Jenn, I noticed the Venue changed his name to "TBA". 

Here is the fishy part: Ticketweb STILL lists his name on the ticket sale page, a week and a half after the venue has removed his name. When I called them to tell them to stop selling people a fraudulent lineup, they told me the promoter is the only person who can remove his name from the ticket sale. That's funny--the promoter is the very same person who refused to honor my request for refund through ticketweb. Seriously, seriously shady. Not only was I already butthurt from losing the most exciting show I'd gotten tickets to in years, now I was ripped off, and helpless to combat what appears to be a continuous ripoff of people who just want to see MG live. 

This is disgusting... I'm not sure if Ticketweb is lying and keeping his name to sell more tickets, or if his promoters truly are making money off of a misprinted lie. I heard from the online store manager that the feldman-agency was looking into a refund for me, but still not a word from anyone. It's sad that fraud is just business as usual these days. 

I still love you Matthew! That said, something terribly wrong is going on regarding your opening for Our Lady Peace in upstate New York. 

I hope all is well, very sorry to hear about the family emergencies. Godspeed and much love, and hopefully some day before I die I get to see you perform your great work. 

Guest Idioteque

I rolled my eyes when I read "Ticketweb". I've had some of the worst experiences dealing through them, you can google ticketweb scam and see many terrible reviews. Best of luck to you, the more you fight for your money the more they will make sure to direct your call to customer service in India. Disgraceful practices from this shady company. 

Oh man... I booked airplane tickets, 2 nights hotel stay, and no refund. Oh well. What can you do? Health comes first and foremost.

I guess I'm still going to Kelowna.

I don't know if my friend would want to go to.later concert date though. I guess I better break the news to her now.

Oh man... I booked airplane tickets, 2 nights hotel stay, and no refund. Oh well. What can you do? Health comes first and foremost.

I guess I'm still going to Kelowna.

I don't know if my friend would want to go to.later concert date though. I guess I better break the news to her now.

Aw man that really sucks. Hope you still have fun there this weekend.