Stu

Original Weapon

Guest Prosis
unless it shows matt firing ante kovac, this is old news.

News to me

Edit: overall, it looks a little amateur-ish although some shots are cool...I prefer the final version though

Edited by Prosis

I think some sort of hybrid of the two videos would be the perfect happy medium, I liked a lot of the shots that were in this version better than the released one. Also is it just me or has Matt NEVER looked that animated...ever?

I liked seeing it, but kind of in a "deleted scenes on a DVD" sort of way. It's cool to see what else was filmed. But, just in general, it's kinda generic. It really doesn't say anything, which might work for a song that really didn't say anything.

I think some sort of hybrid of the two videos would be the perfect happy medium, I liked a lot of the shots that were in this version better than the released one.

Same. The opening rotating shots around Matt were very well done at certain points (E.G- 40 to 45 seconds in); almost reminded me of a movie trailer kind of.

The thought-provoking test was more egotistical than thought provoking. Sum 41 does songs these that are "thought-provoking" or political or whatever you want to call it, however, they usually don't take themselves too seriously in their videos. Which is perhaps why they are so much more successful than Matthew Good because they find a happy medium.

Guest Prosis
I liked seeing it, but kind of in a "deleted scenes on a DVD" sort of way. It's cool to see what else was filmed. But, just in general, it's kinda generic. It really doesn't say anything, which might work for a song that really didn't say anything.

Yeah I get the same kind of feeling

Mainstream version is much better in my opinion. THere were some shots during the end of the video that I really liked when the band was rockin' out but it was still very bland.

And Weapon was the first single/video released after the breakup of MGB and there was no new material or touring anything for 2 years. It only makes sense to focus a bit more on MG than normal, especially given the many ways that the song can be interpreted.

I think some sort of hybrid of the two videos would be the perfect happy medium, I liked a lot of the shots that were in this version better than the released one. Also is it just me or has Matt NEVER looked that animated...ever?

have you ever seen him live in vancouver?

Nah, unfourtunatley, I've seen him 3 times in Thunder Bay and yeah he was animated but no bouncing around craziness