ghetto-astronaut

Favourite Off Of Rooms

Of all the songs on rooms which one is your personal favorite?  

151 members have voted

1. 1. Of all the songs on rooms which one is your personal favorite?

• Truffle Pigs
    • Tripoli
    • Generation X-wing
    • Apparitions
    • North American For Life
    • Advertising On Police Cars
    • Hello Time Bomb
    • Strange Days
    • Prime Time Deliverance

it was a tough call with some of my favs being tripoli, truffle pigs, and a couple others but in the end i think i gotta pick the new Gen X-wing. that was was great because it was changed enough to be fresh and new but without making it sound worse than the original (such as PTD in my opinion after the first listen). i may even like the new version better than the original, which i always loved, because the new feel of the song seems to illuminate what is being said lyrically. but anyways enough of me, i'd like to see the numbers and reasons from all of you, so vote away.

mark me down for generation x-wing for me as well. there was something about it that seemed completely different and moving. it was really strange when i heard it the first time.

i think north american for life is definitely the song from rooms which i didn't like in it's original form, but i "get it" now... which is awesome.

another thing to note would be how strange days sounds much more manic this time... interesting twist on things.

I voted Tripoli. With just the acoustic and the piano its simply haunting. Love it. Love all them though, really.

I agree completely and voted for tripoli also.

The new Hello Time Bomb is starting to get stuck in my head already. Really well done.

Generation X-Wing is by far my favourite. The change in the middle with "hold me up with a pair of wings..." sounds amazing.  It definatly makes the song.

what change? just the fact that it takes a more prominent role in the acoustic version?

Edited by borntohula

Between Tripoli and Truffle Pigs. The piano and everything about Tripoli is amazing, but I love how subtle the chorus in Truffle Pigs, with the bells and his voice really gives me chills. Wow, I think I like the acoustic Truffle better than the original. The way he sings "To eaaaaaat" makes the song, as well as the bells to go with it. So anyway, both amazing, but my vote went to Truffle Pigs.

Tripoli, Generation X-Wing and Apparitions were awesome. The new version of North American is just....different. I think I prefer the original. I hatethe Hello Time Bomb remake. It's SO slow and boring.

That said, my vote went to Advertising, which is simply sexy, though Tripoli is a VERY close second.

I really found North American For Life, to be really spooky, it was way mellow, but a nice change.

I completely agree.

I found the background was very haunting.

You should try to listen to it loudly when you're alone at a bus stop in the evening. It'll make you feel like you're the only thing that's in existence.

I really found North American For Life, to be really spooky, it was way mellow, but a nice change.

I completely agree.

I found the background was very haunting.

You should try to listen to it loudly when you're alone at a bus stop in the evening. It'll make you feel like you're the only thing that's in existence.

Thanks I will try that when I am waiting for the greyhound back to Buffalo, after the show in Toronto.