lokee

The Vancouver National Anthem

I'd do it...but I'm afraid I'd open it to find your dick in the box. ohmy.gif

I'm not even gonna lie, my dick probably isn't nearly as cool a gift as Justin Timberlake's or Andy Samberg's.

Edited by ccf23

I will trade a picture of my PA for the demo.

JK no one wants to see my PA.

Your PA?

You can't "steal" a streaming Flash file and, in such a way, remove it off of a website.  Matt took it down, which is why he added the note "Too late. So sorry."

If Matt were concerned about folks capturing the songs, he wouldn't offer them.  (Matt has certainly been aware that capturing was possible since at least "Fought to Fight It" - I believe Anton asked him if he could post it in the NF Store, and Matt asked him not to.)  Unfortunately, that's the only real way to guarantee that demos and whatnot stay private.  For better or worse, anything streamable is capturable.  (And I know for a fact that Gomo's not the only one capturing them.)

I think they meant that Matt took it down due to the fact that someone "stole" (as in recorded) it, but while that may or may not be untrue (he could be putting them up for a limited amount of time and taking them down for the reason everyone is suggesting - keeping material fresh for record sales), are you sure Matt has only known about people recording them since "Fought to Fight it"? I remember he used to have streaming audio of Comfortable Criminals and other songs on the site a few years ago, and people obviously yanked 'em before Comfortable Criminals came out on the compilation CD.

Your PA?

I think they meant that Matt took it down due to the fact that someone "stole" (as in recorded) it, but while that may or may not be untrue (he could be putting them up for a limited amount of time and taking them down for the reason everyone is suggesting - keeping material fresh for record sales), are you sure Matt has only known about people recording them since "Fought to Fight it"? I remember he used to have streaming audio of Comfortable Criminals and other songs on the site a few years ago, and people obviously yanked 'em before Comfortable Criminals came out on the compilation CD.

You probably don't want to know what a PA is.

It isn't true. There's no way that someone could have re-recorded the song in the amount of time it was online. Plus, Matt would have to have known that it had been re-recorded to remove it for that reason. He's just offering teases of new material - that's it. (The original content of that blog post said that it would only be available for a few hours.)

That's why I said "since at least 'Fought to Fight It'". Yes, he's probably known about it for longer - I used that example because I knew that Anton had contacted him about posting FTFI in the NF store. My point was that he's still posting songs, despite obviously knowing that they could be captured and/or shared.

("Comfortable Criminals" was never on a compilation - it's never been officially released on CD. The available recording is from the RealAudio file that was posted on the ''Avalanche'' bonus site.)

your right, it would be to short of time to actually record or steal the song somehow, but rather than taking the whole song down at leat leave a 30 second example, so that those who dont check the website everyday, can listen to it...my thoughts anyways...

First (very rough) stab:

Vancouver National Anthem

Out of the allys

Are needle-strewn fields

Into the sunlight

The brochures reveal

Like snakes come for rabbits

And rabbits for meals

Where the ore and the axe (????) flies

Well this is our story (stick too it!)

But it ain't the truth

Cuz the truth's just for liars

That need an excuse

Around here love's a gangster

And charity's the brute

Where God deals on Sundays

Under a brilliant (??) burning roof

It's 5 blocks of universe

And aliens for reach (??) (alien freaks?)

Like invisible ghettos

Of privelege and grief

And we end up between them

The carrion flies

living off skeletons

And free (???)

This is the place we find out

Well this is the way we find out

We all live downtown

Pay 12.50, no parking

Live with a clown

Step over ourselves

We all live downtown

Paying blood, no parking

Sleep on the ground

Step over ourselves

We all live downtown

We all die downtown

Step over ourselves (over ourselves)

Well this is our story (stick too it!)

But it ain't the truth

That need an excuse

For a King crown a banker

The Queen crowned a noose

Like heirs to a graveyard

Where the dirt's always loose

And aliens for reach (??) (alien freaks?)

Like invisible ghettos

Of privelege and grief

The carrion flies

Picking on skeletons

Under a big northern sky

This is the place you find out

Yeah this is the way you find out

We all live downtown

We all die downtown

Step over ourselves

I thought for the last few lines in the song it sounded like "we all live downtown, we all let downtown, step over ourselves".

But maybe not.

Otherwise nice work!

Out of the alleys

On needle-strewn fields

Into the sunlight

The brochures reveal

Like snakes come for rabbits

And rabbits for meals

Where the ore and the axe flies

Well this is our story (stick to it!)

But it ain't the truth

That need an excuse

Around here love's a gangster

And charity's the brute

Where God deals on Sundays

Under a brain burning roof

And aliens for reach

Like invisible ghettos

Of privledge and grief

The carrion flies

Living off skeletons

Recycled lies

This is the place we find out

Well this is the way we find out

We all live downtown

Pay 12.50, no parking

Live with a clown

Step over ourselves

We all live downtown

Paying blood, no parking

Sleep on the ground

Step over ourselves

We all live downtown

We all die downtown

We all live downtown

We all die downtown

Step over ourselves

We all live downtown

We all die downtown

Step over ourselves

Well this is our story (stick to it!)

But it ain't the truth

That need an excuse

For a King crown a banker

The Queen crowned a noose

Like heirs to a graveyard

Where the dirt's always loose

And aliens for reach

Like invisible ghettos

Of privelege and grief

The carrion flies

Picking off skeletons

Under a big northern sky

This is the place you find out

Yeah this is the way you find out

We all live downtown

We all die downtown

Step over ourselves

Step over ourselves

That's what i got.

Lyrics look pretty solid. Are we done passing these out? If not and someone sent me a link via PM I'd be very grateful. Thanks.

If we are done passing these out, then for those who have it:

Does it sound like Boy Who Could Explode? That's the only new demo I've heard, is that sound the kind of the vibe for all of these?

PLEASE OH DEAR GODS!!!! I MUST HEAR THIS SONG NOW!!!! ARRRRAHHHHHHGGGGG!!!!!!!

My internet was poo-poo-by-by(gone)over the past week... Now I knew there would most likely (while I'm down) be a demo, or two, maybe more, that Matt will post, based on current Matt demo trends, while I'm offline. But for some ass-crazy reason this one I MUST have/hear now, this very second... NOW!!!!

I just got reconnected and I came strait here to see what I've missed... but man... strangely as fuck, (i'm usually fairly patient) every single little particle in my body, and all of my whole being is screaming like mad-ass-crazy-nuts, even with a bonus accelerated heartbeat apparently, to hear this new demo at this very instant. I'm so fucking serious...

I'm having some sort of anxeity attack hear or something... man!!! please.....someone help me and PM me with a linky or something... F%#k...!!! WTF!?!?

I'm going to sit hear and keep on refreshing my inbox till i see something... I think i'm loosing it over here......

HEELLLPPPPPPPP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!