Crusader

Matthew Good 2011 Tour Dates!

Went to maple music and picked up my package today, sans tickets. Apparently those aren't ready yet. This was for the toronto show.

The lithograph looks great, and the t shirt is ok. Matt said he really likes the merch for the new tour though, so we'll have to see what gets released to the gen public.

And no youtube videos of anything from the new tour? What the hell?

Just received my VIP package in the mail for the Ottawa NAC show. Definitely looking forward to hearing some songs off the new record live.

Can't wait until the 28th!

Me too, for Ottawa, got great 1st-row seats. Photo and signed merch allowed @ meet & greet it says, kinda like waiting at his bus lol, i hope there's some extended chit-chat or something with the group, dunno. We are spoiled, Matt has been so gracious allowing us to meet him at his bus for free in the past.

VIP T-shirt design looks like it did in the preview, but for some reason looks a bit better in person, so bonus because i wasn't really looking forward to it originally. Lithograph is nice, smaller than his usual posters from past tours, but numbered.

Also got a couple LOES LP's i ordered, though they both have a freaking dent on the bottom in the same place, pisses me off!!! Crappy shipping or crappy storage by MLW or someone in the process...they are sold out i believe so not like i can exchange them WTF!!

Someone posted a picture of the setlist from Bala on Matt's Facebook page, looks like it was:

Lights of Endangered Species

Set Me On Fire

Born Losers

What If I Can't See the Stars Mildred?

Zero Orchestra

The Future is X-Rated

Load Me Up

A Silent Army in the Trees

Non Populus

Apparitions

Weapon

Shallow's Low (the set says "Shallows End", so maybe they went right from Weapon into the end of it?)

How It Goes

Hornets

The set had Giant at the end of the encore as well, but the person who posted it said it wasn't played.

I was actually at that show. That set list is right, but they did play all of Shallow's Low, so maybe thats a typo or an inside joke or something. They didn't play Giant. I thought it sounded pretty good but you did see the band members looking at each other here and there, so even though I thought it sounded great I am pretty sure something wasn't right in their ears. New guitar player is AWESOME, he just looks like he is having so much fun up there, and the new songs adapted very well considering how little guitar is on many of them on the album. Zero Orchestra was a definite highlight, and so was Hornets.

I was actually at that show. That set list is right, but they did play all of Shallow's Low, so maybe thats a typo or an inside joke or something. They didn't play Giant. I thought it sounded pretty good but you did see the band members looking at each other here and there, so even though I thought it sounded great I am pretty sure something wasn't right in their ears. New guitar player is AWESOME, he just looks like he is having so much fun up there, and the new songs adapted very well considering how little guitar is on many of them on the album. Zero Orchestra was a definite highlight, and so was Hornets.

So the concert was MG with a traditional rock band & a keyboardist/piano guy? No brass or other odd instruments whatsoever? If so, that's quite the accomplishment given the last record!

Kinda funny that he isn't playing the single off the album, but it's probably one of the songs that most people would leave out if they had to choose.

Yeah, it's the only song I skip over when I listen. And sometimes Zero Orchestra, but only because I overdid it when it was released early on Soundcloud.

Went to maple music and picked up my package today, sans tickets. Apparently those aren't ready yet. This was for the toronto show.

The lithograph looks great, and the t shirt is ok. Matt said he really likes the merch for the new tour though, so we'll have to see what gets released to the gen

I'm going to the Fri 4th show with my two brothers- we are all massive fans. I have to go to Maple Music for our tix/packages- any rough idea when tix will be available? They had said one month before the show. I only head downtown once a week for my band rehearsal, so will be good to know when and I really don't want to leave it until the week of.

Can't wait for the show- I'm wondering what kind of players Jimmy Reid and the keyboard guy are...

I'm going to the Fri 4th show with my two brothers- we are all massive fans. I have to go to Maple Music for our tix/packages- any rough idea when tix will be available? They had said one month before the show. I only head downtown once a week for my band rehearsal, so will be good to know when and I really don't want to leave it until the week of.

Can't wait for the show- I'm wondering what kind of players Jimmy Reid and the keyboard guy are...

I'm really not too sure. I was a little bit upset that I had waited this long and still my tickets weren't ready. They told me to come back for them, but I just went and asked them to give me the shirt and poster, and mail out the tickets when they're ready. I'm not too concerned. If I don't have tickets by the day of the concert, I'll go to the venue and ask to speak to a tour representative and have them sort it out. I'm just kind of excited about knowing where I'm sitting, since I get the feeling I happen to have stumbled on the tour announcements and ordered RIGHT when they were up on Matt's site. Anticipation is killing me.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have the tickets already. Go give it a shot, although I don't think you can pick them up on Mondays for some reason. And if they don't have tickets ready, just take the merch and ask them to mail it out when they come.

Also, here is the only video I could find of the new band. Drums sound a little off, but overall they sound great. They just need some time to tighten things up.

According to several accounts on Facebook and M+, Matt played Rabbits last night in Halifax, opened with it according to one person. No one has mentioned whether it was acoustic or with the band.

The video posted above is the best one I've found, there's a couple more but they aren't as good:

Hello Time Bomb in Sydney:

Born Losers in Bala: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9OrsyU0BsY

Halifax setlist as best I can remember:

While We Were Hunting Rabbits (fucking awesome, I don't think it's ever been played live before)

Lights of Endangered Species

Set Me On Fire

The Boy Who Could Explode

What If I Can't See The Stars Mildred?

Load Me Up

The Future Is X-Rated

Shallow's Low

Born Losers

Zero Orchestra

Apparitions

Weapon

Non Populus

Giant

Hornets

It's Been A While Since I Was Your Man

Great show. The new stuff translates well live with just the band.

I am going to a show on the 8th of November and I haven't gotten my package or ticket in the mail yet. Should I be concerned?

Personally, I don't think that you have to worry. My ticket is for the 28th of October, and I just received it on the 12th of October. That's just under 3 weeks away. I would wait until at least the 25th of October until you are somewhat concerned about your ticket. You've placed your order, you will receive it in a timely manner.

I'm really not too sure. I was a little bit upset that I had waited this long and still my tickets weren't ready. They told me to come back for them, but I just went and asked them to give me the shirt and poster, and mail out the tickets when they're ready. I'm not too concerned. If I don't have tickets by the day of the concert, I'll go to the venue and ask to speak to a tour representative and have them sort it out. I'm just kind of excited about knowing where I'm sitting, since I get the feeling I happen to have stumbled on the tour announcements and ordered RIGHT when they were up on Matt's site. Anticipation is killing me.

I wouldn't be surprised if they have the tickets already. Go give it a shot, although I don't think you can pick them up on Mondays for some reason. And if they don't have tickets ready, just take the merch and ask them to mail it out when they come.

Also, here is the only video I could find of the new band. Drums sound a little off, but overall they sound great. They just need some time to tighten things up.

Hey thanks for the advice, I'll do the same this week. Thanks for the link as well. I was reading an article about the Queen Elizabeth Theatre and all of the renovations- the owner and technical director are the same guys who own/operate the Mod Club- and they pretty much said they set out to create the best sounding venue in the city. So that, combined with the fact that the band will have almost a month of gigs to tighten up with, excites me for sure!

Link to the article- 24,000 watts of low end coming from 8 21inch subs!

http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/inside_...zabeth_theatre/