Crusader

Matthew Good 2011 Tour Dates!

I'm disappointed that I will probably never see Running for Home live. Ian Browne is even available to do back-up vocals.

That song and Symbolistic White Walls are on my "To Die Happy" list. Over the last 10 years I've been able to knock off every other song (including Under The Influence), but those two have eluded me.

That being said, seeing Advertising on Police Cars and Prime Time Deliverance on the list has made me very happy.

I hope you guys are still entering that contest.

Damn, I really slacked with that, I entered it a bunch of times in the first couple weeks after it started... since I've keep meaning to do it but I keep forgetting haha. Oh well, still have a somewhat of a chance I guess, I've probably entered about 10 times. It's done now, you can't enter anymore, so hopefully we'll hear about a winner soon.

Contest is now closed it says, winners announced soon.

If i win i'm definitely bringing a lot of Bored members, I probably only know like 3 friends who are fans so I'd rather let the rest of the spots go to Bored people who would enjoy it.

Damn, I really slacked with that, I entered it a bunch of times in the first couple weeks after it started... since I've keep meaning to do it but I keep forgetting haha. Oh well, still have a somewhat of a chance I guess, I've probably entered about 10 times. It's done now, you can't enter anymore, so hopefully we'll hear about a winner soon.

I entered every freaking day i had internet access over the past 2 months (so minus a few weekends at the cottage), plus had my sister enter a few times.

Contest is now closed it says, winners announced soon.

If i win i'm definitely bringing a lot of Bored members, I probably only know like 3 friends who are fans so I'd rather let the rest of the spots go to Bored people who would enjoy it.

I entered every freaking day i had internet access over the past 2 months (so minus a few weekends at the cottage), plus had my sister enter a few times.

...and you'll lose out to a guy who entered once, out of sheer boredom.

because thats how the universe works.

...and you'll lose out to a guy who entered once, out of sheer boredom.

because thats how the universe works.

you are the prophet of truth. OMG I WINNED DAVE MATTHEWS TICKETS!!!!

New list of songs!

How It Goes

Shallow’s Low

What If I Can’t See The Stars Mildred?

Zero Orchestra

Non Populus

Set Me On Fire

Lights Of Endangered Species

Last Parade

The Boy Who Could Explode

Great Whales of The Sea

Volcanoes

A Silent Army In The Trees

Champions of Nothing

Born Losers

I’m A Window

Alert Status Red

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

It’s Been A While Since I Was Your Man

Weapon

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Load Me Up

The Future Is X-Rated

Apparitions

Hornets

On a side note, MG should sell tickets to his rehearsals!

I find Hornets being added to the list kind of random... I guess it shows that Matt still really likes that song, regardless of the fact that he just couldn't get it to where he wanted for this album, he must of gone through almost 10 revisions of it haha. He was working on it for a while with the last band in soundchecks too, but it never saw the light of day as far as I know. Maybe we still might see this song on a future album? There are a lot of other songs I would rather see added, but it would still be cool to see Hornets thrown into a set I guess. Matt could probably make a good album out of just of his unreleased demos from the past 5 years or so. I really love For And Against and Life In Spite of Itself, imagine being so talented that you could write songs like those and just throw them aside haha.

That is pretty random. Funny though, I had avoided most of the demos up until the album came out, and then I gave Hornets a good listen to yesterday...and then later in the day I read he wants to add it to his setlists. Interesting.

As far as I'm concerned if I get to hear Non Populus then I'd be an extremely happy man.

anyone have a list of the finalized demos that DIDN'T make lights? I want to see what else I missed besides hornets.

What I can remember just off the top of my head...

Hornets

There were maybe up to a dozen versions of this posted on the M+ blog over the course of a while, a bunch of different takes on it and in various states of completion (a couple versions are on youtube)

Die Like Kings/A Short Time On Earth

I believe the lyrics to this are loosely about Geoff Lloyd (from what I remember) , Die Like Kings has a standard structure and probably could of been a radio single (can be found on youtube), A Short Time On Earth was more in line with the rest of the material on LOES (can be found on Matt's Soundcloud). They're basically two different songs but have the same lyrics.

Homecoming

I think this was just more Matt playing around, I don't know if it was ever intended to be something for the record. It's a rocker, could of been off WLRRR, it has similar lyrics to Shallow's Low, and was the beginning of that lyrical idea. A clip of it is on youtube, but there was also a more finished version posted (I think).

For And Against

This was one Matt did late in the process. From what I can remember it was never intended to be on the actual record, but I think Matt was told he had to throw on some bonus tracks for iTunes. I'm not sure why this was never recorded in the studio and at least put on as a bonus track, it's excellent. It could of fit on the album and been one of the best tracks in my opinion (it's on youtube).

I might be missing something, but I think this was it for complete demos that didn't make the record (that were posted on M+). There were other clips here and there I think, but nothing substantial.

Also, I'm not sure if this has been brought up, but In A Place of Lesser Men is really getting the shaft on this tour. Especially considering it was the lead single, I'm all good with it not being included though as it's probably the weakest song on LOES. It wasn't a good choice for the lead single (not that it was up to Matt), I don't think it ever really got off the ground as a single. I think Zero Orchestra is doing much better as a single, I've heard it a couple times on the radio and I don't even listen to radio on a regular basis. I get the sense Lesser Men has really fallen out of favour.