Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

What happened with Arrows? I'm guessing there's less chance of us being burned due to the monster of a label he's on now. Arrows was on some weird indie style label that apparently weren't that good.

There were several hold ups with the vinyl pressing and since I ordered both items had to wait til the vinyl was ready to get the CD. I ended up downloading from iTunes so I could hear it. Edited by mackie1023

In past years, with the 200, they made a point of noting on the listing when 200 had been reached.  I'm a little surprised that hasn't happened this year (assuming we've already reached 200).

Other thought for the day - I was poking through MapleMusic's website - I remembered ordering WLRRR from them when it came out, and that was more than a decade ago.  I think their website has the same site design as it did then.  (That was probably the last time the CDN/USD exchange rate was as favorable/unfavorable as it is now.)

And you guys already figured this out, but with the exchange rate being what it is, Americans should definitely order from either MapleMusic or Amazon.ca directly.  Amazon.com has a crazy markup on imports, usually exceeding the extra shipping cost from .ca.  (RIP CDPlus, who used to have fair prices and free shipping to the US.)

Guest Idioteque

Email [email protected] asking if you've made it within the 200 limit and tell them your order number.
People are saying on Matthew Good's facebook comment section that's how they found out they've got a signed copy.

I just sent an email now, I ordered mine at 6am before any of MG's accounts posted about preorders so I'm pretty sure I beat alot of people to it. Would be cool if he signed the first 200 vinyl records too.

In past years, with the 200, they made a point of noting on the listing when 200 had been reached.  I'm a little surprised that hasn't happened this year (assuming we've already reached 200).

Other thought for the day - I was poking through MapleMusic's website - I remembered ordering WLRRR from them when it came out, and that was more than a decade ago.  I think their website has the same site design as it did then.  (That was probably the last time the CDN/USD exchange rate was as favorable/unfavorable as it is now.)

And you guys already figured this out, but with the exchange rate being what it is, Americans should definitely order from either MapleMusic or Amazon.ca directly.  Amazon.com has a crazy markup on imports, usually exceeding the extra shipping cost from .ca.  (RIP CDPlus, who used to have fair prices and free shipping to the US.)

Yes that's why I'm unsure this time!

Email [email protected] asking if you've made it within the 200 limit and tell them your order number.

People are saying on Matthew Good's facebook comment section that's how they found out they've got a signed copy.

I just sent an email now, I ordered mine at 6am before any of MG's accounts posted about preorders so I'm pretty sure I beat alot of people to it. Would be cool if he signed the first 200 vinyl records too.

Thank you, I just sent them an email, fingers crossed!

That's awesome, you guys, that you are getting the signed copies. Did anyone ask about why it says that it will ship on 25 October though? It's annoying to have to wait a month past the official release for the items to even ship out, and then it could take another week or two to get it. Kinda makes me want to go to the store on Sept 25 instead of ordering through Maple Music. I wonder if the vinyl will be available in brick and mortar stores.

On a similar note, it's hard to know whether to purchase vinyl now or wait until there may be a box set available as I know fans have been pushing for that for years now that vinyl is so popular.  I know it is really expensive and logistically difficult to pull off though and so may never happen or may not happen for many years.  Wonder if there will still be special 20th anniversary merch released or anything of that ilk?  Some limited-edition t-shirts would be cool, etc.

Interesting that Soundgarden has been able to pull off what seems insurmontable to me; a 6 LP box set for a bargain price: Echo Of Miles (6 LP Vinyl Box Set) Permalink: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00UJJY9LI

The CD is shipping on September 25, this is what the emailed said from MapleMusic.com:

"You have at least one pre-ordered item in your order, it will be available and begin shipping on Friday, September 25, 2015."

Same here.  I'm in the first 200 as well!!

Awesome!

Guest Idioteque

I don't mind waiting for the vinyl, I don't see Matt doing a box set for this particular album since it's so new. If anything he will most likely release alot of the older albums for his 20 year anniversary.

An MGB boxset is what I need in life.

I appreciate everyone clearing it up regarding vinyl shipping date versus CD shipping date. 

And, Tony, you are probably right about the vinyl.

I hope one of the stronger songs on the album like Harridan or Cold Water is the next single.  I'm not sure that this single is getting the attention that this album deserves.  Unfortunately, imo, the best songs on the album don't really subscribe well to being singles.  Kind of how Non Populous is one of Matt's greatest songs ever (again, just my opinion, naturally) but most people will never hear it.

That usually is the case. Not to say that singles can't be awesome, but they are usually chosen because they are shorter, have an easy-to-hear riff or hook, are catchy, and are simpler. My favourites are usually the more complicated songs that build, like Near Fantastica, Avalanche, or Non Populus. That's probably why Avalanche is my favourite album of his, as it has a lot of big-hitters like that.

Guest Idioteque

I think this single will get the attention it deserves once the music video comes out, right now it's just sitting on Matt's site. It should be on youtube & soundcloud where most people go to listen to music.

Matt should do what he did last year & that's release 1 music video (hopefully 2) with a bunch of lyric videos and let the word of mouth take care of everything,"Had It Coming" blew up because of something as simple as that.

Just thinking about it makes me miss "Hey Hell Heaven". One of the few songs I wish I could have heard live, also mutineering.

I heard back from Maple Music and I also got a signed copy.  Ordered between 11:30 am and noon EST.  I actually forgot about the pre-order until I saw the update on Matt's Twitter, so I ordered from work hoping I wasn't too late.