Crusader

New Demos Going Up (Chaotic Neutral)

Really interesting guitar work behind the main riff after the verses, I like it. I also love the main riff. The chorus still seems really simple...but then again so have others that I have grown to love.

I'm really liking the minor changes to the songs as they make their transition from demo to studio recording. I'm probably most excited for Army of Lions after that brief snippet we got the other day.

Wow, now that's some studio changing.  It sounds quite a bit different from the demo, but in a good way.  I like those unique guitar sounds or whatever they are and Bones is doing a fine job on the bass.  I didn't care much for the demo but this is a fun, happy sounding song.  That random little break around 0:55 after the first chorus is interesting.

Wow, now that's some studio changing.  It sounds quite a bit different from the demo, but in a good way.  I like those unique guitar sounds or whatever they are and Bones is doing a fine job on the bass.  I didn't care much for the demo but this is a fun, happy sounding song.  That random little break around 0:55 after the first chorus is interesting.

The unique sounds at 0:59 are my favorite part of the song. I agree with you. It sounds very different from the demo, but in a good way.

Edited by girl

I think Los Alamos and Cold Water might be some of the most special songs MG has written.  They have such an impacting, haunting quality that reminds me of what attracted me most to MG's music in the early years of being a fan with songs like I Miss New Wave, Suburbia, Born to Kill, Prime Time Deliverance, etc.  Yet they're different.  I love the ambience of them

I am concerned the charm of the demos is going to be partially or largely lost in the studio versions.  I think the production or possible changes might mar the rawness or something of it, but I hope that is not the case.

Edited by Manchalivin

I'm really sad We Have Done This Before, We Will Do it Again did make the cut. I know it's long, and would've been pricier to record (studio time etc) but I really really really liked/connected to that one.

I know it was said it was cut because "just that, we've done it before" but I always look forward to the longer tracks. They're always really good. Avalanche, Champions of Nothing, Empty's Theme Park, Non Populus. All of it. I love it. I live for it.

At least it's on youtube I guess. I probably account for about 400 of the 800 views. lol

I wrote down the chords for this song, hope you like it.
J

Matthew Good
ALL YOU SONS AND DAUGHTERS

1/2 step down tuning

D= open lower e string: 

E--0---
B--3---
G--2---
D--0---
A--0---
E--0---

Intro
F#m, E, D x2

A,
Netted dolphin in the deep
F#m
little coyote, shame on me
E
new horizon, no memory
D                                                            A
didn’t know it then but I want to know it now
A
it’s time to get up
F#m                                 E
rub your eyes and set off into the sun
                                     D
you know we don’t get enough around here

Chorus           
Bm,    F#m,                                   A,    E,                D
All you sons and daughters gotta hide yourselves away
Bm          F#m                          A      E                D
before they burn it out of you, hide yourselves away
         Bm,  A,           D
gotta hide yourselves away

F#m, E, D

A
Used to call me late at night
F#m
locked in your car trying to hide
E
from one disaster to one in line
D                                                                    A
didn’t know it then, shouldn’t have to know it now
A
it’s time to wake up
F#m                                 E
rub your eyes and set off into the sun
                                    D
you know we don’t get enough around here

Chorus
Bm,     F#m,                                  A,     E,              D
All you sons and daughters gotta hide yourselves away
Bm            F#m                        A     E               D
before they burn it out of you, hide yourselves away
          Bm,  A,           D
gotta hide yourselves away

I love learning Matt Good covers. But the ever difficult Bm gets me every time... 

I hate bar chords more than anything.

I'm really sad We Have Done This Before, We Will Do it Again did make the cut. I know it's long, and would've been pricier to record (studio time etc) but I really really really liked/connected to that one.

I know it was said it was cut because "just that, we've done it before" but I always look forward to the longer tracks. They're always really good. Avalanche, Champions of Nothing, Empty's Theme Park, Non Populus. All of it. I love it. I live for it.

At least it's on youtube I guess. I probably account for about 400 of the 800 views. lol

I love learning Matt Good covers. But the ever difficult Bm gets me every time...

I agree with this I really like we have done this before. I listen to that one a lot. And I'm still really wanting to hear the final version of Los Alamos.

So the whole album is previewing on the new MG app.

I could listen to Harridan forever and ever. Well done.

ETA: and Cloudbusting. And tiger by the tail. And Los Alamos. I'm really digging the second half of this album.

Edited by mackie1023

Loving Kid Down the Well, beautiful track!

So the whole album is previewing on the new MG app.

I could listen to Harridan forever and ever. Well done.

ETA: and Cloudbusting. And tiger by the tail. And Los Alamos. I'm really digging the second half of this album.

So I may be in the minority but I have a Windows phone (which I love) however, the new MG app is only for Android and iPhone, so I have to wait and also miss out on future content!

I've been listening to Girls in Black a lot the past week. I'm trying to hold off on the other tracks to maintain some element of surprise.

I want to maintain some element of surprise too. I already listened to Girls in Black, No Liars, and All You Sons and Daughters.

I will hold off listening to Kid Down The Well and the rest of the album, until my CD arrives in the mail. There's no better feeling than listening to a new album on my CD player for the very first time and looking at the liner notes. That's my favorite time.

Next time, I probably won't listen to demos or pre-order songs. I never did that before. Unfortunately, I ruined the surprise this time around. Lesson learned. I like being surprised and blown away when I hear new music.

Edited by girl