Crusader

Chaotic Neutral 2015/2016 Tour Dates

Guest Idioteque

Acoustic set:

So Long Mrs. Smith

A portion of Generation X-Wing (forgot the words)

Symbolistic white walls

Los Alamos

True Love will find you in the end.

More Christmas postcards:

https://www.facebook.com/332946836728518/photos/a.336049603084908.78201.332946836728518/1053792031310658

https://www.facebook.com/332946836728518/photos/a.336049603084908.78201.332946836728518/1053792201310641

I could see Blake being in a Maxwell coffee commercial. Definitely. Look at Matt's face in that photo. haha.

Lol waaaaay too much leg from Blake in that one shot! It's like he's about to pull off the Sharon Stone move :)

Guest Idioteque

*typing on Skytrain sorry for typos or things that don't make sense, trying to type and not get dizzy lol*

I'm glad Matt made a speech about Paris, you can tell for the first 2 songs there was a giant black cloud lingering.

I'll give a quick review of the night:

If tonight wasn't the first day of the VIP I probably wouldn't bother going again tomorrow considering it was poorly put together which you can kind of tell Matt was getting frustrated by there being no direction.

First you enter & you're stuck at the "crowd free merch" waiting while everyone is buying things DURING soundcheck (the other item you paid for which you're getting half of) & we weren't allowed to enter the theatre until everybody bought something. Then when it came to the acoustic performance it was cluttered with questions in between each song. For the first half you weren't even given a mic so you're trying to scream the question out to Matt then they finally found somebody running the VIP who can hand the mic to people with questions but at that point we are being rushed to hurry up & leave the building.

I think everyone here knows I'm a huge MG fan & willing to buy the dirt off his shoe but I definitely didn't feel like I got a quarter of my money's worth. :/ He did personally hand me a guitar pick which I almost fainted so that's one of my only highlights up until the actual show. My complaint has nothing to do with Matt, I understand day 1 can be hectic but seemed odd for him to play Los Alamos acoustically only to play it again later in the night.

I have VIP for tomorrow so fingers crossed it's run way better, but I wouldn't hate myself if I slept in.

The show itself was amazing (after Matt made his speech) & I went from front row rightside (in front of the bassist) to the very middle right infront of Matt at the end when he climbs into the crowd.

Overall my friend and I had a great night considering it's our anniversary for our best friend who committed suicide years ago. He was probably a bigger fan of MG than me believe it or not. I miss him.

P.S apparently somebody just jumped on the track or something so my skytrain is stuck. Woo

That's weird that the crowd-free shopping at the merch booth was before the soundcheck, and you had to wait for everyone.

In ours, it looks like it will be available after the VIP experience is done.

"After the VIP event you will be asked to exit the venue, while they prepare for the show. You will be permitted re-entry 30 minutes before doors open, so that you can take advantage of crowd-free merchandise shopping. You will need your main ticket for entry to the theatre."

Hopefully, that will make things go more smoothly.

Guest Idioteque

Well that's what I assumed too but we had to shop during No Liars & Advertising on Police Cars soundcheck (they did play advertising again though). Soundcheck was happening while we were being let in too.

Idk just felt like we were getting in the way & a burden. Sidenote a roadie gave all the setlists to 2 drunk blonde bimbo girls after the show yet half of the VIP guests were standing there like "the fuck?". I didn't care but this kid i met in VIP came all the way from Saskatchewan & the roadie went out of his way to reach over the people waiting at the stage (first come first serve) & gave the setlists to girls screaming for Rico & Prime Time Deliverance all night.

Knit picking obviously.

I think I got some decent photos of Matt & Stu's pedal board for whoever asked earlier, I'll upload later.

Tonight was just wow! This was only my second show but I thought it was incredible. It was quite a touching moment when he mentioned the events that took place in Paris tonight. Advertising on Police Cars was even better then I thought it was going to be. Wasn't sure how Cloudbusting would be without Holly's vocals but it was excellent. Really enjoyed when he jumped down off the stage right in front of me and walked through the crowd. Almost considering going again tomorrow.

Well that's what I assumed too but we had to shop during No Liars & Advertising on Police Cars soundcheck (they did play advertising again though). Soundcheck was happening while we were being let in too.

Idk just felt like we were getting in the way & a burden. Sidenote a roadie gave all the setlists to 2 drunk blonde bimbo girls after the show yet half of the VIP guests were standing there like "the fuck?". I didn't care but this kid i met in VIP came all the way from Saskatchewan & the roadie went out of his way to reach over the people waiting at the stage (first come first serve) & gave the setlists to girls screaming for Rico & Prime Time Deliverance all night.

Knit picking obviously.

I think I got some decent photos of Matt & Stu's pedal board for whoever asked earlier, I'll upload later.

I'd be stoked if you upload them. If you're able to get a shot of Bones' board tomorrow at the soundcheck that would also be awesome. I love seeing what other bass players are using.

Guest Idioteque

The actual show itself was unbelievable. Something possessed the band tonight (I'm sure it had to do with Paris) but as soon as he told the crowd to have fun & enjoy the night it was energetic from the 3rd track to the last. That's actually when the crowd stood up, I don't think it was for Born Loser but more for the weight of worry off everybody's shoulders. I know I definitely needed to hear something because my friend and I watched the Paris updates as they happened.

It's hard being at a concert having fun when across the world at another concert people are experiencing hell.

P.S I don't wanna make anyone kick themselves but I had a extra ticket in the 2nd row but I didn't see anyone replying on here so I figured it would have been a waste. I started to head upstairs to find somebody I recognized from the bored to take the seat but the lights went off & the show was starting.

I will make sure I do that Shane!

Knit picking obviously.

This is a little disconcerting. The package says it includes: "Attend Full Band Soundcheck". I hope I can sit through most of the soundcheck.

Aww. That middle part is a little sad. Despite all of this, I hope you guys enjoyed the show and had fun. Think of first VIP experience as being a trial run. It is usually all over the place and hectic the first time around. It will only get better as time goes on.

All you sons and daughters

No liars

Born losers

Advertising on police cars

Cold water

Army of lions

Everything is automatic

Load me up

Harridan

Kid down the well

Los alamos

Apparitions

Weapon

Cloudbusting

Hello time bomb

Giant

Girls in black

Throw Moment into this and you've got the perfect set list IMO. Hope something like this for Calgary!!

Guest Idioteque

Acoustic set:

Metal Airplanes

Strange Days

Prime Time Deliverance

Sort Of A Protest song

Incredible VIP experience today, 100% better than yesterday & alot more organized so everyone who is going to VIP for this tour you're in for a treat.

Matt also let me on stage to take proper photos of everyone's pedals!

Okay, if I was omniscient and new Protest Song was going to be played, I may have considered the VIP upgrade. Fingers crossed Police Cars gets played tonight for my wife's sake - she didn't come with me last night and was not happy she missed that. 

Also, YAY PEDALS

Edited by AnOceanPearl

Acoustic set:

Metal Airplanes

Strange Days

Prime Time Deliverance

Sort Of A Protest song

Incredible VIP experience today, 100% better than yesterday & alot more organized so everyone who is going to VIP for this tour you're in for a treat.

Matt also let me on stage to take proper photos of everyone's pedals!

Protest song!?!?! That is awesome....  I am a sucker for AOB tracks. It would be amazing if he added it to the full band setlist.

Guest Idioteque

He's too awesome.

Now to kill 2 hours in a Tim Hortons because the new James Bond movie screening was sold out at the ciniplex. Boo!

*Spoiler* Matt said something about not doing Tiger By The Tail tonight, so after this show I will have heard every track off Chaotic Neutral BUT 1.

I can't wait for Moment though, it's interesting seeing how they improvise some songs without a keyboard player.

I was really hoping he'd put Moment and Tiger into this set... if not, it'll be just like Vancouver where I heard everything but Fought to Fight It.

Soaked but am sitting up in upper dress circle. How many of you made it out tonight?

Shay and I are leaving in about half an hour but we are on the floor. I really didn't enjoy Scott Helman last night so I am aiming to arrive near the end of his set.

Edit: Anton, it looks like you are sitting three rows behind, 4 seats to the left of where I sat last night.

Edited by AnOceanPearl

Guest Idioteque

Good point Adam!

I'll probably be there in half an hour. Second row in front of Stu tonight. Hopefully it will be like last night when everybody just rushed the stage for the Encore, I was right next to Matt the whole time during Girls In Black.