Alert Status Rws

Los Alamos

Apparitions

Weapon

Cloudbusting

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Girls in Black

Nice!! ZERO more sleeps until Calgary :) :)

I recorded the Edmonton show last night but am having some pretty odd issues with my device.  I have been unable to get the device recognized either with FireWire or USB connections, my Mac's (different OS X versions) and PC don't see the device either.  I'll try and do a Line In recording to a computer next, failing that I will take the hard drive out of the recorder and hope that works.  Long story short, it may take me a bit longer to transfer the audio and get a recording out to everyone.

• Upvote 1

That's awesome Gursky, I always look forward to the Edmonton shows because of your recordings.  Always a great mix balance and clarity and always of the whole show! Much appreciated, hope you can figure out those hardware issues, isn't it a pain when simple processes don't work quite so simply? 

Judging by the VIP in Edmonton, you'll definitely be able to get close enough. I wouldn't worry too much. You're going to love it. I'm also now on my way to Calgary. This is my third show of the tour and lucky 13th overall. I would really love to hear Harridan and Tiger tonight.

Edited by NonPopulus

Here's some pics from last night. The first 9 pics are from the VIP event/soundcheck/acoustic.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/48004031@N06/sets/72157661405270456

Also going to post some videos in the tour video thread. Got part of the into plus the first half of AYSAD, A Single Explosion, part of Cold Water, Army of Lions (gets a little shaky when Matt goes into the crowd), and Los Alamos. Wish I would've recorded Girls In Black though. Matt went deep into the crowd near the end of the song, and was climbing over stuff. Was definitely something to see.

• Upvote 1

I'd have to say for me this ranks up there with the Vancouver tour. Great setlist, Matt's and the band's performances were spot on, and the show had this nice energy to it. Also really nice to see Stu on guitar again, that guy can really play!

What did you think?

Soundcheck:

Tiger by the Tail

Blue Skies Over Bad Lands

Everything is Automatic

A Single Explosion (testing "dramatic lighting")

Acoustic:

Prime Time Deliverance

How it Goes

Metal Airplanes

True Love Will Find You in the End

Edited by NonPopulus

Calgary:

A Single Explosion

Born Losers

Load Me Up

Alert Status Red

Harridan

Cold water

All You Sons and Daughters

Army of Lions

Everything is Automatic

Advertising on Police Cars

Cloudbusting

Los Alamos

Apparitions

Weapon

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Tiger by the Tail

Girls in Black

• Upvote 1

Calgary:

A Single Explosion

Born Losers

Load Me Up

Alert Status Red

Harridan

Cold water

All You Sons and Daughters

Army of Lions

Everything is Automatic

Advertising on Police Cars

Cloudbusting

Los Alamos

Apparitions

Weapon

Giant

Hello Time Bomb

Tiger by the Tail

Girls in Black

Single Explosion was a great opener, and Girls in Black a phenomenal closer (almost a Born to Kill intensity to it). Matt's mic cut out partway through the "like tetracide" part. Awesome having Automatic back in the rotation. Advertising was a highlight. I almost need to go to 2 shows....one where I can just enjoy it as a fan and another so I can video the songs :) Til next time....

• Upvote 1

That was amazing! Loved every song he performed. I cant wait to rio the audio from the acoustic set and listen to it over and over. Am I allowed to share it? One thing though that bothered me was them drunk folks. They kept talking throughout some of the songs. I had to tell them to be quiet. Then the drunk girls next to me being obnoxious. But other than that it was quite enjoyable once I drifted off into the music. Fantasic band by the way!!! I cannot wait for the next show!

Great concert. I especially liked Stu's guitar playing and his take on the Chaotic Neutral songs.

Re: Calgary concert

- at the VIP, Stu was dancing a gig during Born Losers. He also told a story about the concert in Chilliwack. There was guy in the audience who was totally rocking out to the songs, and he knew the words to the songs and everything. While he was doing that, his girlfriend was sleeping against his shoulder. Stu tried to wake her up by flinging his guitar pick at her, but it ricocheted sharply in a totally opposite direction. He used arm gestures to illustrate this point. It was funny. Stu seems like a funny guy.

- two guys where standing in the middle of the audience, and it seemed like they were enjoying themselves. I think a middle-aged woman in the audience came down the aisle and gave them a piece of her mind. She seemed mad, because her arms were waving all over the place. Some people behind them didn't like them standing either, and a fight and/or heated exchange of words ensued. I was watching the guys, and I felt kind of sorry for them. They looked bummed and reluctantly sat down.

- at the VIP, Matt mentioned that Stu once clog danced(?) with Pat Boone on the Tommy Hunter Show, way back in the day. I think he said that he was 7 or 8 years old at the time. It was a Canadian show on CBC TV.

- Matt mentioned the Bored at the VIP. He referred to it as Anton's Place.

I miss the Meet & Greet that was offered at previous concerts. I was a little sad I didn't get a chance to say hi to Matt in person last night. Oh well. There are plenty of other concerts. Maybe next time.

I videotaped a little clip on my camera of Matt singing and walking through the crowd. He was singing behind an audience member in one of the chairs. If anyone wants to see it, let me know. I didn't check the quality yet though.

Edited by girl

Haha you have to love the couples where one is obviously a diehard and the other is like Oh my God! please don't let their be an encore! I know many couples like to do things together, But if your interests are that divided on that one thing, I feel like you're better off just going on your own.  I've been to plenty of shows solo, and I've enjoyed them immensely.  I'm the kind of guy who likes to get there early and leave late, I don't consider a concert a "social outing" I go to listen to the music, and have some fun.  If I was with someone that was totally not into the band, I'd prefer if they just don't come.  If they won't enjoy it, and I'm going to spend my whole night worrying if they are having a good time, then I won't have a good time anyways.

I really don't get the people that flip over people standing and having a good time.  If you're intention is to sit for the entire concert, choose your seats based on that.  I would never pick tenth row center if I wanted to sit.  Grab an aisle seat on the side, sit at the back of the main level, or go for anywhere in the balcony.  I get annoyed by drunk, unruly fans too, like Matt said at the second Vancouver show "there's no reason to be a dick" But people standing, dancing and singing is hardly being drunk and unruly.  

As for people that came to the shows to socialize with their friends, again I just don't understand.  Go to Starbucks, or pay a five dollar cover at a bar.  Why buy a $50 ticket to see a show just to talk loudly and obnoxiously through it about yourself.  A few years ago I went down to see Matt on an acoustic tour that started in Seattle.  We went to the Seattle and the Portland show, as well as the Vancouver Secret Show that kicked it off.  In Van everyone was clearly diehard fans.  They would have conversations with Matt in between songs, But everyone just focused when music was being played, it was fantastic.  Then in Seattle at the Tractor Tavern, it seemed as though 80% of the crowd came out just to sit at the bar and talk.  A small group crowded around the stage, But the socialites in the back by the bar didn't shut up the whole night.  Their were times the ruckus was drowning out Matt as he just had the acoustic guitar and his voice.  Next night in Portland the crowd was again totally respectful and clearly there to listen to the music.  Matt commented on it, thanked the fans and played a song or two extra than he had planned because he appreciated the audience.     

Glad everyone seems to be enjoying the shows though, whether new comers or veterans of the Matt Good concert experience.  Really enjoying reading everyone's comments and reviews as the tour chugs along.  

Edited by adam_777
  • Upvote 1