Moonlight_Graham

Movies That Made You Cry

Name the movie(s) and why or what scene made u tear up:

Braveheart (the scene at the beginning where the little girl gives the kid a flower to cheer him up during his father's funeral)

My Life (near the end of the movie, when Michael Keaton is dying and he finally mends wounds with his parents)

Forrest Gump (don't remember scene, but i remember i teared up once)

Field of Dreams (early in the film Costner complains that he never forgave his dad for growing old while he was a kid, but then at the very end of the movie Costner asks his dad to play catch)

I like it when guys acknowledge their emotions.

I can't name specific scenes, but here are the movies that have brought about tears.

-The Shawshank Redemption

-Girl, Interrupted (Especially the scene with Daisy at her house.)

-Shallow Hal (The insecurities of Gwenyth Paltrow's character was heartbreaking.)

I dont usually cry in movies, the only movie i can think of i can't for the life of me remmeber the name. Now its going to drive me nuts trying to think of the name. Holocaust film, not shindlers list.

The plot escapes me at the moment as well. A boy and his family are captured and put in a labour camp, the father gets shot in the end.

Edited by Daedalus

Hmm i'm not a crying type of guy but these movies brought the cold tears to my eyes...

Edward Scissorhands- Why couldn't she have gone up their one last time!!

The Green Mile- He did not deserve to die!

Armageddon- He didn't deserve to die either!

And there's more but i can't possibly remember them!

I'm a sucker so a lot of things make me cry:

A Walk to Remember (everything after Landon finds out what's wrong with Jamie)

Say Anything (the boombox scene...enough said)

The Notebook (everything after the fight they have after they sleep together for the fisrt time after a few years)

Deep Impact (the scene where they get married to save both families gets me every time)

Pay It Forward (the candle scene...eek)

Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights (the goodbye scene)

Dead Poets Society (Neal's suicide scene)

Yeah, I'm a dork.

International movies: Moulan Rouge (specially the end), Amelie (just because it was such a sweet movie)

Spanish movies: El bola (about kids mistreatments, really hard), Barrio (about social problems in a big city like Madrid, very hard too) and lately Mar adentro (out to sea, about a tetraplegic who asks for his right to die... wonderful natural scenes, music and Javier Bardem's performance...)

I dont usually cry in movies, the only movie i can think of i can't for the life of me remmeber the name. Now its going to drive me nuts trying to think of the name. Holocaust film, not shindlers list.

The plot escapes me at the moment as well. A boy and his family are captured and put in a labour camp, the father gets shot in the end.

You're talking about Life Is Beautiful, right? The Italian film with Roberto Beningi?

I remember crying at the age of 8 to The Land Before Time...it was sad watching Littlefoot's mother die....

Edited by therethere