I'm not exactly sure how this thread is working (if at all) but i've been reading a fair bit recently and have thus acquired a number of books:

What i've read:

V for Vendetta (i read it earlier but now i have my own copy)

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime - Mark Haddon

Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince - JK Rowling

Fight Club - Chuck Pahlinuk(sp?)

Currently Reading:

Microserfs - Douglas Copeland

What i'll soon be reading:

The Golden Compass - ?

A Fine Balance - Rohinton Mistry

Angels & Demons - Dan Brown

Timequake - Kurt Vonnegut

i'm currently reading book 6 of the wheel of time series, and i plan to finish this series before i read anything else... except i paused it to read HP and the Half-Blood Prince. i mean, i think by now we realize i'm a potter nerd.

and yeah, i like fantasy novels... screw all y'all

will soon be reading: The Taking - Koontz

i suggest The Man in the High Castle to anyone that can appreciate unexpected subtlety in a book. if u go read a description don't think that it's gonna be a book about unbearable Hitleresque dictatortship or solely about the evils of totalitarian politics. this book is about people and their lives; how the world forces their hands; how their cultures clash and contain inherent traditions and tendencies, especially in how they see the world. and like all Phillip Dick novels, there is a large theme in the story about reality and what it entails. great book but not for everyone.

my roomie bought me 'choke' by chuck palahniuk for xmas, then got so excited he gave it to me early.

i'm halfway done and gotta say... it's kind of boring and irritating. he's got great diction and style, but he goes off on way too many tangents and it seems like he just wants to prove how raunchy he can be. i wasn't crazy about fight club, either. they're both too heterosexual-white-male-will-inherit-the-earth.

and yet in spite of that, he's a great writer. some of the lines he writes make me envious that i didn't write them. too bad he's using his gift for evil.

i'm still reading a feast for crows by george martin

and i am thoroughly confused and pissed off because the last 3 books were massive and not at all difficult to follow and this one lost me 100 pages ago.

also i'm starting to hate cersei and before i wanted to make out with her. ;)

Sigh... Adam wants to buy himself The City of Falling Angels audio book from iTunes... but he is 14 dollars short. And since he doesn't have a credit card, he'll have to shell out another 20 for an iTunes gift card which he'll take back home and then yeah.

You know what? I hate the system. But I'm going to do it anyways and report back. They were running a bunch of samples from the book on Slate.com's daily podcast, and it sounded simply amazing.

anyone else ever read anything more from Douglas Adams than just Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy? the rest of the series is awesome... and so is the Dirk Gently series! I'm in the middle of the second book: The Long Dark Tea Time of the Soul.. It's hilarious..

"A Clockwork Orange" by Anthony Burgess.

Just absolutly amazing, so brutal and raw.

I really like his use of "nadsat" (teen slang) so all the nasty things he does don't seem as horrible until you really think about it. More and more these days kids younger than me and even my age (I'm 20) are reminding me of Alex the protagonsist. It's scary.

"Vengence" By George Jonas

True story about the man and his team of Mossad agents tasked to track down and kill those behind the '72 massacre of Israeli athletes at the Munich Games.

Good reading before you watch the movie based on the book, "Munich".

This is on my to buy list.

Currently I'm reading "Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell", and I just finished up "Jarhead" the other day.