VenusWasAFlytrap

Rooms

Frick.........wow, the chorus in Truffle Pigs is AMAZING. Anyways, I'm just going through the disc the second time and it leaves me speechless.(can I spell?)I love the piano they added in and everything. And North American..uhm, I think it'll be the type of thing that grows on me. (Was it even acoustic at all????)

im wondering why near fantastica wasnt included. i mean its already recorded and would fit right in. not a complaint or anything. would have been nice to have it on there rather than a burned cd

Carmelina and Anti-Pop weren't on the CD either...those were better.

tripoli did it for me.

however, i think that hello time bomb just didnt work.

i was hoping the remix of carmelina was on this aswell.

but overall im very happy i bought this album. my Loser Anthems cd was dying on me, and the video collection is pretty damn sweet.

why wasn't Avalanche included...Running For Home...

so many others we could question...

i'm actually terribly disappointed with the overall concept of rooms. i was under the impression that it was one take 36 minutes long with some street noise mic'd into the background. i was not expecting such structured layering, overdubbing and general studio trickery. needless to say, i am left a little jaded by the whole premise.

exactly. it was suppose to be or better yet that is how it was marked out to be. but instead when i realized i could flip through the tracks i was rather disappointed. i mean you can hear live street/studio sound once and a while but as you mentioned its all layered, dubbed and shit.

i would have much rather had matt just record it live in one take and that's that. like as with WLRRR.

Edited by X-Rated Truffle Pig

When I read that it was live reworkings I thought that it might be actual live recordings from shows. When I listened to it and it turned out to be studio recordings I was relieved that it wasn't some kind of recording with a bunch of people screaming in the background. But I agree that it would have been better if it was all in one take. Or at least they could have recorded it all in one take and then made it so you could still search through the tracks but when you listened to it all the way through it would just sound like one long session. It's not really that annoying but they could have done it all at once to sound more linear and still included the piano and everything. There just wouldn't have been any of the overlapping harmonies with himself (which do work very nicely I must admit).

I love all of them. I've never been the biggest fan of Strange Days, and I'd say it's probably my least favorite off of Rooms too. However, Hello Time Bomb is growing on me sooooo much. It's just so chilling. Same with North American For Life. Tripoli takes it though. I don't even know how to describe how fantastic it sounds with the piano and everything.

I love all of them. I've never been the biggest fan of Strange Days, and I'd say it's probably my least favorite off of Rooms too. However, Hello Time Bomb is growing on me sooooo much. It's just so chilling. Same with North American For Life. Tripoli takes it though. I don't even know how to describe how fantastic it sounds with the piano and everything.

I couldn't agree more.

I couldn't agree more.

I agree with everything except the Strange Days comment. The original is awesome. The acoustic is nothing special.

The only part I'm dissapointed in is the fact there isn't more songs on rooms,

Actually, when I first heard about this greatest hits disc,

I thought it was all going to be acoustic, so thats why I was let down a bit,

It is a great package though,

I really don't have anything bad to say about the disc, I loved it. NAFL was a really pleasant surprise, though. I didn't want to know what was on it, so I never read the tracklisting and avoided all threads on it. The whole thing was a surprise, except for Tripoli and PTD, which Matt mentioned putting on there.