Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

Yeah I'm not going to be able to run it on my laptop obviously.. and even if I could run SC II , I'm not going to have the time to be nearly as good as I want to be with that game. I'll stick to dominating on the 360 and get D3 after a few years.

Gameplay vids look awesome. It's going to be a lot of fun. The only criticism I have is that the game art is less "scary" and more "cartoonish" but it allows for different gameplay elements which is important for a game like Diablo III. I mean, it's basically an updated version of a 15 year old series.

I will say though that when I first saw pictures of the game I was glad they kept the general look in tact. Diablo III just wouldn't be Diablo if it had any other perspective or game engine.

Edited by Gomo

I think it's just going to give you pre-determined stat points at every level-up so that every character of a certain class will have the same base stats at the same level. So two barbarians at level 50 will have the same base stats. Of course the stats can be different depending on your equipment.

And yeah I'm assuming the skill tree stuff is basically the same.

It was fun plugging stat points in at every level up, but I guess we'll live without it. The real fun in Diablo is searching for cool equipment.

In D2 stat allocation was basically done for you anyway.

Str and Dex: enough for equipment

Vitality: everything else

Energy: never

So if they automate it, no big deal. I just REALLY hope they don't do Pokemon-style EVs.

hahahaha, oh man. I hated getting pk'd

Diablo 1 did have an awesome atmosphere, but it was almost unbearable if you didn't have the Hellfire expansion because walking around town took about 40 minutes per visit. In Hellfire they let you go faster.

Edited by Gomo

I can't believe I used to use a dial-up modem. If you re-introduced that to me now and said "this is the way you have to do it" I'd never be able to survive.

Getting booted every time someone picked up the phone, constant lag, a long time to sign on...man that was just so shitty. I would get kicked from battle.net constantly back then.

Luckily battle.net as a whole is pretty stable.

It's pretty good actually. There are some things that kinda pull you out of the experience- the voice acting is only so-so (from what I have seen so far), the lip syncing seems really weird and at one point my sound completely disappeared (which was fixed with a console reset), but the gameplay, which is the most important part of any game, is pretty damn good. It's lots of fun blasting ghosts and slamming them into the ground and trapping them, and fighting Stay Puft was pretty fun, though the amount of knockback/knockdown attacks that are directed at your player gets a bit frustrating. All things considered, those are pretty minor gripes and the game is pretty fun. I'd say a 7/10 so far.

My bowazon had an insane amount of dex and enough strength for enigmas. crap we need an nf guild when d3 comes out. we can rush each other through and pk newbies.

Yeah I had a sick Zealadin with Fort, Grief, Exile, etc. As for an NF guild....FUCK YEAH. Knights of Near Fantastica? Sounds pretty bomb. Plus Matt Good isn't that well known outside of Canada so not many people will know what the hell we're talking about, but whenever someone does, it'll be a nice little surprise.

I'm pretty sure there was a point where I played D2 after 2003 and the name of my character was Near-Fantastica.

I liked being a Druid/Wolf and a Paladin. Never a big fan of straight-up magic users or the Barbarian. I like a balance.

Yeah I feel like the Druid and Zon were both a lot weaker than the other 5 classes.

Most fun class to play by far was the Assassin, IMO. She wasn't the strongest, but hasd a lot of skills you'd actually use, so you'd be hotkeying a lot, and doing lots of cool shit. I had a sick Lightning Trap Assassin with the kick skill and a lot of crushing blow gear, so she'd tear bosses apart almost as fast as a smiter, but be solid against mobs as well with the cool Corpse-Explosion trap.

...I played way too much D2.