Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

didn't like RE4, cuz i don't like horror games (which is weird because i love horror movies. I just hate games that have things jumping out at you from nowhere trying to scare you. Fucking annoying. Half-Life 2 was like that too.

Shadow Complex demo was pretty good, not amazing though. Friggin hate the main character, i hate when they make characters of stereotypical joe-average young men with. Like the lead guy from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Make these people interesting for pete's sake!

But Super Metroid for SNES is one of my fav games ever so might buy it eventually.

Super Metroid is one of the best games of all time, some would argue it's number one. I didn't like the demo either but I gave the full game a try, and based on the merits of a $15 Xbox Arcade level it is pretty damn good. I would say it goes Super Metroid, with Symphony of the Night being a close second and then Shadow Complex a distant third in the genre of Metroid-Vania(I didn't include the redux of Metroid 1 or Fusion as I only picked one Metroid game).

Super Metroid is one of the best games of all time, some would argue it's number one. I didn't like the demo either but I gave the full game a try, and based on the merits of a $15 Xbox Arcade level it is pretty damn good. I would say it goes Super Metroid, with Symphony of the Night being a close second and then Shadow Complex a distant third in the genre of Metroid-Vania(I didn't include the redux of Metroid 1 or Fusion as I only picked one Metroid game).

Never like the Castlevania's, NES-style or the newer ones PS1 style etc. But ya Super Metroid is a contender for best game ever easily. Probably not my #1, but its in my top 5. I remember renting Super Metroid when it 1st game out. I didn't like it that much, & i didn't like the NES Metroid either. Was probably too young for it at the time or something. But i gave Super Metroid a whirl when i DL'd in for my SNES emulator a couple of years ago and just got addicted. Metroid Prime was pretty good too, though all the scanning got annoying.

Just bought Halo 3: ODST & gonna pop in in the tray.

Ya they got great voice-actors for that game. They got the original voice-actors from the Batman: The Animated Series for characters Batman, Joker (Mark Hamill!), Harley, and i'm sure others.

Played the demo, it was pretty fun but i'm not going to buy it. Game is getting wicked reviews though.

Right now playing Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. Damn that is an addicting game, just like the original. Such an underrated series.

The first Viva Pinata is probably my most played 360 game. So much fun. Although when you got to the real high levels it became kinda boring and it was really tedious to attract the high end pinatas. I got the Dragonache, but I got fed up with wating for the Chippopotumus and the Roario(Lion) to stay in my garden. Loved whacking my employess and those dame sour pinatas though. I really want to try the second one. I am assuming I will like it right?

The first Viva Pinata is probably my most played 360 game. So much fun. Although when you got to the real high levels it became kinda boring and it was really tedious to attract the high end pinatas. I got the Dragonache, but I got fed up with wating for the Chippopotumus and the Roario(Lion) to stay in my garden. Loved whacking my employess and those dame sour pinatas though. I really want to try the second one. I am assuming I will like it right?

Viva Pinata: Trouble In Paradise is very similar to the 1st game. Its got some new Pinata's, new plants etc., but most of them are the same from the 1st game. Feels more like an expansion pack or a Viva Pinata 1.5 than a sequel. I'm bored of it already because i did play the 1st game a lot.

The game isn't very expensive though (40 bucks new), so it may be worth checking out. It does get addicting though just like the 1st game!!

Left For Dead is awesome.

It was, until everyone figured out every goddamned cheap trick in the book. It's just the same thing over and over now...the game was in it's prime for the first couple weeks when the Survivors almost never won and genuine panic ruled the day. Now, it's tried and true routine. Terrible.

On my own server, I'm alone in this assessment, I know. But expert campaigns are by far mor entertainign han VS anything. That said, some quirk of my connection or computer make headshots and successfull pounces/smoker tongues all but nonexistent for me.

Edited by Sparq

finished Halo 3: ODST.

Pretty fun game actually, coming from a guy who played Halo2 & 3 until his balls fell off and was totally sick of these games. It adds a bit of another dimension to the game not being Master Chief, and having a new cast of characters.

I'm probably going to pick up COD: Modern Warfare 2 for 360. COD 4 was fun online. But i got totally addicted to COD World at War at a friend's house. Playing the "Team Hardcore" or whatever it is called online, where you don't have UAV's is just such a more fun mode because you can hide better and aren't constantly getting killed by guys just looking at red dots on their map. Felt more like real warfare. Never did buy World at War though, cuz i thought i would wait for Modern Warfare 2 & save myself $80 (with tax), but i kinda regret it now.

Anyone else exicited for Brutal Legend?

totally! I'm a huge metalhead and Tim Schafer is the best! I haven't bothered to try out the demo on Xbox Live yet though.

i'm looking for a good co-op game, maybe with a sandbox style to it(oblivion or GTA) preferably for 360 but ps3 or pc would be okay. I'm not big into the WoW or guildwars games but maybe leaning in that direction.

Dunno if you played these, some are a bit old, but Gears of War 2 was an awesome co-op game, really enjoyed that game more than the 1st Gears (though the end boss battle was way too easy). Been playing Halo 3: ODST, it has 4-player online co-op and is a pretty good game.

As for sandbox style, if you haven't played Crackdown for 360 thats a pretty fun co-op game. I believe Saints Row 2 also has co-op.

Edited by Moonlight_Graham

The new Left 4 Dead DLC is bullshit.

It took them that long for that shitass/halfass campaign?

Hell, Killing Floor is coming out with a new monster, 3 maps, a new class, 7 new weapons, and the game was $15-20.

Started replaying Dead Space on Hard. Forgot how brick shitting scary this game was.