Moonlight_Graham

What Videogame(s) Are You Playing Right Now?

I just finished Dead Space... which really reminded me of RE4, which is ok, because I liked RE4. I would fault it that it never really surprised me with a boss battle... the ominous cache of ammunition (and entire staging area before the last boss) SORT of gave it away. Also the game sometimes challenges you to save ammo, only to give you a boat load that you can't carry all of later.

Overall I liked it.

I found the contact beam ineffective against the last boss and took it out with the pulse riffle.

On replay, the contact beam is most effective against the upgraded enemies... it appears the game has a sense of hitpoints, and severing a limb is bonus... as such, shooting off a limb with the cutter requires 2 shots, and you usually have to take two limbs to kill them... the contact beam on a single limb is virtually an instant kill.

Strangely I am actually replaying the game back to back with my first play through on account of the bad ass armour I got from clearing the game the first time... which basically makes me a tough MF... the survival horror kinda goes away once you can just tank your way through everything.

i haven't noticed, but my tv is shitty.

i hate harlee's voice though

BLASPHEMY!! Harley has a great voice. The chick that does her voice has been doing Harley's voice since the character was created for the Batman: Animated Series.

The game is pretty amazing though. It's nice to be putting my PS3 to use.

I just cracked RE 5... didn't like it.

It had a bunch of sections that could cause you great problems if you missed to simple but no-obvious trick. The ally AI was almost less helpful than Ashley in RE4, and all she did was get attacked by zombies, scream helplessly, and hide. In RE5, it's like the computer is actively working against you. It never uses an appropriate weapon; it always positions itself with no clear shot and then proceeds to use all it's ammo shooting you in the back; if it has any form of health recovery and you stub your toe it will use it (even the good, restores 100% of your health stuff); and the worst of it, in situations where getting an enemy between the two of you is a good idea, there is actually no way to get the AI to not follow you.

Nothing shines out as being a huge leap, same basic zombies... play time didn't seem very long either.

I just cracked RE 5... didn't like it.

It had a bunch of sections that could cause you great problems if you missed to simple but no-obvious trick. The ally AI was almost less helpful than Ashley in RE4, and all she did was get attacked by zombies, scream helplessly, and hide. In RE5, it's like the computer is actively working against you. It never uses an appropriate weapon; it always positions itself with no clear shot and then proceeds to use all it's ammo shooting you in the back; if it has any form of health recovery and you stub your toe it will use it (even the good, restores 100% of your health stuff); and the worst of it, in situations where getting an enemy between the two of you is a good idea, there is actually no way to get the AI to not follow you.

Nothing shines out as being a huge leap, same basic zombies... play time didn't seem very long either.

Playing RE5 without a friend is like going skydiving without a parachute! You've got to play with a friend to get the most out of it.

I had hours of fun with a buddy of mine playing Mercenaries mode in Duo.

BLASPHEMY!! Harley has a great voice. The chick that does her voice has been doing Harley's voice since the character was created for the Batman: Animated Series.

The game is pretty amazing though. It's nice to be putting my PS3 to use.

Ya they got great voice-actors for that game. They got the original voice-actors from the Batman: The Animated Series for characters Batman, Joker (Mark Hamill!), Harley, and i'm sure others.

Played the demo, it was pretty fun but i'm not going to buy it. Game is getting wicked reviews though.

Right now playing Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise. Damn that is an addicting game, just like the original. Such an underrated series.

RE5 is terrible. I really can't believe how they fucked up the pedigree laid before them with RE4. The story is horrendous, the level design is piss poor(I mean a horror game in the daylight?!?!? wtf!),the enemy and Sheva A.I are god awful. And don't even get me started on the controls. Side note: Batman and Shadow Complex are fantastic.

Wolfenstein was probably my biggest disappointment in a video game ever. I traded that shit back in with a heavy heart.

Now I'm playing NHL 10. Who wants to be on my EASHL team "Honey Nut Chelios"?

Edited by Computer

Why am I not suprised you think that,I mean you love FF7. No offence, but that game is easily the most overrated videogame of all time. Not too mention the most over praised game in the series. It totally didn't hold up either like the 8-Bit Final Fantasys still do today. I will give you this though, it is light years better the FF8 and FF10, which are two shitty pieces of software.

Edited by noise_pollution

RE5 is terrible. I really can't believe how they fucked up the pedigree laid before them with RE4. The story is horrendous, the level design is piss poor(I mean a horror game in the daylight?!?!? wtf!),the enemy and Sheva A.I are god awful. And don't even get me started on the controls. Side note: Batman and Shadow Complex are fantastic.

didn't like RE4, cuz i don't like horror games (which is weird because i love horror movies. I just hate games that have things jumping out at you from nowhere trying to scare you. Fucking annoying. Half-Life 2 was like that too.

Shadow Complex demo was pretty good, not amazing though. Friggin hate the main character, i hate when they make characters of stereotypical joe-average young men with. Like the lead guy from Uncharted: Drake's Fortune. Make these people interesting for pete's sake!

But Super Metroid for SNES is one of my fav games ever so might buy it eventually.